Sunday, December 4, 2022

Weekend Roundup.

For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I got these sewn together and added a border to make it a little bit bigger. Now to get it pinned, quilted and bound.           It is 57x72 right now for size.                                                                      

I started off Saturday with Emilys riding lesson at 11. Tacking up Marshmallow.


 It seems the wrong bit was used and he got spooked a few times.... or his mouth hurt. Well, she got tossed while cantering and is fine. She wanted to get back on but the fill in trainer didn't want to risk it since the horse was still spooked. They had not figured out the bit issue yet. She didn't want to get on the other lesson horses (and an emotional girl took a bit to calm down and me to figure out what the problem was!). She wanted back on that horse.... but I asked her if not him, who would she be ok with. I mentioned Lance - a thoroughbred she rode about a year ago. I sent a text and yup, she was good to pop on him to get back in the saddle so we headed back down the drive to the barn.


 I learned she prefers big horses (16+ hands) that are challenging and medium really challenging horses which Marshmallow is. She just likes tall horses! She got Lance to behave (he was being a bit finicky) and cantered for a bit so we were at the barn for a few hours by the time she got her confidence back and got quite the workout.
Once we finally got home and had a very late lunch, I had to pack for the drive in campout. Emily opted not to go since she has a parade Sunday and it is part of her Advanced Band grade. Movies played from 6PM until 4AM! Yes, I was pretty much up all night. The girls were good, but the other chaperones daughter got sick in the middle of the night and after doing cleanup, I checked with the adults in charge and we shifted my second adult to one of them if I needed help. Must have 2 non-related, background checked adults for the 6 girls we had attending. There were lots of adults there and there was only 4 hours left. The girls dismantled the tents and packed up their things after hitting bathrooms and the breakfast line. I notified the parents on our closed group FB page, and they were all picked up by 8:30! I got home at a reasonable time and have had a nice coffee. Things are out of the car - the tent needs to get set up and aired out and the moving blanket I had on the ground and the tarp need to get all the sand shaken off and dried. It got a wee bit chilly and damp at 57 degrees overnight. I have the 2 quilts I was bundled up in - the damp is very cold - and those are in the washer now. My Hugs and Kisses quilt 


and a Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt - Celtic Solstice.


Greg is going to drop her off at the parade and I'll head over in a couple of hours when the parade is starting and will pick her up at the end. 
Might I get a little slow stitching in later tonight with my feet up? They are going to need it as I can feel my Achilles on my left foot this morning. Resting it this week will be top of the list and I'll find my ankle bandage to apply some compression.
 I believe I can move the hoop and continue quilting on the Bear Paw Quilt today.

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Slow Sunday Stitching. I hope to visit links Sunday night while relaxing.



 

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the pink binding on your star quilt! That sounds like quite a day/night that you had, too. Wishing you some feet up time somewhere during the day!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

you got to admire a girl who wants to play around horses and who wants to ride the tall ones--wow!! glad your girl scout outing turned out ok--bet there is alot of sleepy gals this afternoon!!!!
Hope the parade goes off well--
hugs, di

Sharon Kwilter said...

Love your rainbow quilt. Congrats on the finish.