Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tuesday before Christmas.

 Nope, I'm not ready yet and no sewing has happened, and I doubt any hand work will with whatever I did to my wrist yesterday! Just a strain but it hurts lifting anything. I am able to type, so that is a good thing.

Saturday - I took Emily to horses in the morning and then took Aidan shopping for jeans and we did a few other errands and lunch out. Emily got picked up by a friend who was in town for the weekend and went out to lunch and shopping and then back to where they are staying for most of the rest of the day. Sunday I dropped Emily over to her friends again from 12-3 while I ran some errands. After picking her up, we headed to Grandma's house and then headed over to Homasassa Springs for the evening light show and then the Chinese Buffet near her for a late 8PM dinner. We got to see some nice music to the lights and manatees! I love seeing the Manatees and try to see them each year. Grandma loves to do the light show and this is a yearly tradition for us. Unfortunately, Greg was unable to do any of these things with us.







Monday - Emily had a dentist appointment and needed to grab a gift for an exchange at her girl scout meeting tonight. Greg was ok with the appointment but with the added shopping, he opted out with his back. I logged into work and said I was out for the day. We left around 10 and hit Walmart. Then a stop at UPS to drop a return and then to the dentist. Oops, 2 sealants but a cavity was found. They had an opening at 1PM. We got a quick McD's for lunch and back to the dentist. A pop to the bank to make some deposits and then Kohls. She wanted to pick out the yearly Christmas evening PJ's for everyone! At that point it was after 3PM, they did not have her size in the one she liked. Rather - the one they had had a medium top and a large bottom! I ordered it online and we will see if it arrives in time or not. She had the afternoon feeding of the chapter animals, so we went directly to the school and fed the lamb, pig and heifer and she cleaned their areas and watered them. They each got time to run out of their area as well, except for the cow. She has a nice big area. We picked up Subs at Publix and got home in time for her to wrap her presents while I exercised the dog. Yes, the boys were home all day! We popped back out to go to the girl scout holiday ice cream party and gift exchange. When we got home right before 8PM, Aidan said it was race time. He is rewatching the F1 2021 season with his F1 Subscription. They have the races back to the 1980's. We watched the 4th race and highlights of the 5th one before I headed to bed. Somewhere Monday I strained my right wrist and it hurt all night long! I need to find my hand/wrist compression glove. 

Today - working and meetings. Then Emily is headed to school in the afternoon to get some training on showing the heifer.  

Just another day in the life around here!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

with your busy hectic day you could have given your wrist an injury at any point without realizing it. Hope it feels better you are so busy you have not time to rest it.

Julierose said...

You have such a busy life--so sorry you hurt your wrist!! That is no fun!!
I hope it heals quickly for you;000
Those lights are so pretty--I haven't been to one of those in ages...
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The light show at the Springs looks like it was wonderful! And to see manatees, too - wow! Was it a walk-through type of event? You are probably in the stage of life with kids where you are the busiest you'll ever be - they have lots of activities, but can't drive themselves yet. Someday you'll miss that, lol!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so enjoy reading all your posts, Deb. They remind me of back in the day with the two girls into so many things...they went from Brownies all the way to Rangers, both had music lessons, swimming, etc. while I was teaching too. Plus we did Sunday morning church and Sunday School. I wonder now how I managed. But as others have said, these are golden years,every bit of it so worthwhile and you and they will look back with fondness and enjoyment just as we do.