Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Mid week check in

 Long time no post. Just not much to share on the quilting front. Lets see - we left off last Thursday. There was no pinning of the quilt. It is still waiting. Friday was a double kid pick up in the afternoon as Emily had marching band practice after school. By the time we got home and ate... I think it was a movie night. I took the dog with me to pick up Emily from school.



Saturday - was early horses, lunch and then we got to the school right at 2PM for the parade that night. I think we left school around 2:30 and the parade started around 5:30. Lots of waiting in the prep queue as this was a very big parade with lots of entries - close to 200 I think, and it was a 2.5 mile parade route. We were #90 I think. Yes, I was a parent helper walking along side and passing water to the kids marching in the band and checking on them. Happy to report I did not get hit by a baton being thrown or get mixed up with the band in their little sway marching beat! I call that a win. We even had the correct number of kids back on the bus to school at the end. I think we returned around 8PM. 




Sunday I got a wake up by the girl at 7:55 AM. Oops, her alarm did not go off and she needed to feed the chapter animals before 9AM. The school is 20 minutes away. We got home around 10 and she then asked about walking the dog. Um... nope let me drink my coffee please! The boy headed to Grandma's and Emily did laundry and packed for her school trip to DC. Lots of last minute things and Greg took her for the afternoon feeding and then to Publix to get a sub for lunch Monday and snacks for the week. I got the 45 minute trip to Grandma's to pick up Aidan. 

Monday was an early morning as the girl had to be at school for 5:30 AM so a 5AM leave the house. Greg drove her and I might have crawled back into bed for a couple of hours! I took the boy to school as Greg crawled into bed after returning from dropping Emily. Sometime during the day, Greg managed to tweak his back. I got a little extra working in as I have late pickups this week with the boy getting some volunteer hours in at the middle school after school program. Dinner was potato leek soup - something Aidan loves and Emily dislikes. 

Tuesday the Hubbys back is not better. Heat, ice and Icy hot have been tried. Not helping, unfortunately and the doctor has been consulted. Dinner is Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and Naan. I made it in advance, and it was turned on to warm right before we got home. Then the boy needed to go Christmas shopping, so I took him to get his people covered. He spent the rest of the evening wrapping his gifts. 

Wednesday - frustration at work finally got resolved after lunch. A call to chat with Mom in the afternoon as I knew I was off the hook for dinner. The dog got exercised in the back yard and then I picked up the boy and headed to Moes to pick up dinner. Chasing the dog in the dark back yard to get energy out and then the boy is watching an old F1 race tonight. He has one exam left tomorrow in math and then an easy day on Friday before they are off on Winter break for a couple of weeks. 

Emily has been texting me a bit this week with her travels. They are in Williamsburg VA and have been visiting around the area and will finish off in the rain tomorrow before heading for the overnight ride home for a Friday morning pick up. I am hoping I can drop one and pick up in the same trip on Friday morning. I'm happy their walking tours in DC today were rain free so they just have rain tomorrow. It was looking like 2 days of walking in the rain. She is having fun and I'm sure we will hear all about her adventures on Friday when she returns. They are excused from school after being on the bus all night, so she was really done for the semester last week. 

Tomorrow I have a video telehealth as I guess my doctor is out on medical leave but she is doing the video call? It is just a follow up on my lab work from last week on my thyroid meds. It should be a quick call.  I changed horses to 1PM. We are getting that cold front tomorrow afternoon so it will be interesting on the timing of that. I think I might actually get some sewing time in! I'd love to get that quilt pinned and maybe start the Chilhowie mystery. I am printing off the clues.

We were planning to do a family fishing charter trip in the Gulf next week, but we cancelled that with Greg's back pain. I'll take the kids to explore a nearby area instead on my day off. I still need to set up a Medieval Times night over the break as well. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it will just be me and the kids. 




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope Greg's back will be ok in a day or two - you have been so busy I'm not surprised quilting didn't fit in! where do you find the time I wonder :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so great that Em got to go to Washington, DC! Is it a class trip? Such an interesting place. It's neat that she's marching, too - my kids were in marching band in high school, and it was a great group. Hope Greg's back gets better so that you guys can have some fun during the kids' break!

Julierose said...

So sorry to hear about Greg's back issues coming back!! Hope it can be resolved in time for Christmas...
You sure have been a busy Mom!! Hope you can get some "me" time to sew a bit soon hugs, Julierose