Monday, February 19, 2024

Kites is a top

 


I got a little sewing time in Monday and made a couple more of the kites to get the number I needed for this top. Each block is 8 inches so it is currently 32x40 inches. I think I'll see if I have a fun border to make it a little bit bigger. Maybe some monkeys dancing on bright green? We will see what I can pull from the stash wall. 
Greg is a little better and can move pretty good once he is up. It is just the sitting down and getting up that is an issue and painful. A bulging disk will do that. I have a feeling I'll be doing the kid morning drop off and potentially his and his Dad's doctor appointments later this week. 

I had some baby bella mushrooms, half a bag of spinach and frozen chicken breasts. I entered that into the magic line on the internet and hit enter. I found this recipe and gave it a try. Not bad! I served it with angle hair pasta and a tossed salad. I defrost my chicken breasts in a big bowl of cold water in the microwave. They were huge, so I cut them into thinner pieces for the 5 minute cooking time on each side. My handy dandy thermometer verified they were up to 165 temp before I pulled them from the pan.

I'm off to ride as Aidan drives to his guitar lesson tonight and hopefully I can do my meeting at 7PM for the planning of the April encampment in Tampa on my phone while he is in his lesson. 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

supper sounds good

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope Greg is doing better after the shots. I love your kites top - so happy and colorful. It will be cute with a fun border! The chicken dinner sounds delicious - I've never thought of just putting in some ingredients I have and googling what to make!

a good yarn said...

Hooray! What a fine quilt top it is. One of my favourite blocks too.

Julierose said...

How great that Greg is doing better--that bulging disc problem is so painful!!:000 Hope it calms down for him quickly...
Your Kites top is so pretty--good job getting it all together, Deb!!
Hugs from 19 degree-land Julierose ;000