Saturday, February 3, 2024

RSC

 Well, I have not been very productive with the RSC so far this year. I guess I have been concentrating on finishing up some UFO's instead of starting new things. I did get the 3 green Arkansas Traveler blocks completed and plan to make 3 in red this month.

I did get these green scraps stitched up last month and it included a few reds for February.



I had prepped these peels for the string of beads block. I cut out the background at 13 inches.... but I think I am going to change that to a 14 inch background for a little more wiggle room. The pattern say's it ends up at 12.5 inches, but I find the needle turned applique sometimes shrinks a little. I might try at this size and see how it goes but might swap the next ones to 14 inch blocks. 


I might have made a mistake cutting my Harmony block and now have these 4.5 inch blocks. I am not sure if they will become a new project or some reverse image white stars with red surrounding it. We will see.


The big progress has been on the Harmony UFO block. I have one seam to go on the last block. Then I get to stitch the 4 blocks together for a 57 inch top. This one is hand pieced. The original Harmony sew along information can be found here.



I'm linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and the Slow Sunday Stitching on Sunday.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am really liking how Harmony is looking!

a good yarn said...

Harmony looks amazing. What fantastic quilt. Your RSC blocks look great too. I like that Arkansas Traveller block. Inspiration will come with the reverse blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those Arkansas Traveler blocks! They're going to make a pretty rainbow quilt. I can see where you might want a bigger background piece for the String of Beads blocks, too, just for some wiggle room! Hooray for your progress on Harmony! Those leftover blocks could be your Table Scraps project for February...maybe? :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great work on sewing up GREEN and RED scraps this week, Deb!! Excellent UFO progress, as well.

Chantal said...

You made great progress on your projects. I love the Harmony quilt. It's coming along so well. Maybe those "reversed" Harmony blocks could be used as a border in another quilt. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy! ;^)

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Each new project is a delight. I'm particularly impressed with the Harmony SAL quilt. It's a stunner.

Karrin Hurd said...

Harmony is looking great, and you have some other great projects to work on! Happy stitching!

Kim said...

Harmony is such a striking quilt. The pattern when all the individual blocks are joined together is fabulous. Such lovely piecing.

Jenny said...

You certainly seem to be quite productive to me.