Saturday, February 24, 2024

Saturday RSC

 


It has been a week! I am so glad I had Monday off so I could get the Arkansas Traveller blocks completed for the month. I also got a couple more kite blocks added from last year's collection of blocks and got them sewn together. 


Linking up with the RSC on Saturday.

Wednesday, we tried a new to us restaurant of Greek food. It was yummy! Then I headed over to a local high school to watch 6 middle and high school bands preform their symphonic band selections for the MPA. This was the Pre-MPA where judges give them some feedback on their performance before the actual MPA next week. 

Thursday it was drop the kids to school, walk the dog then a quick shower before bringing the car for a new tire. Seems there was a nail in the back tire, not surprising with all the construction house zones we drive through at least 4 times a day! Then it was off to the villages to get my FIL and take him to his doctors appointment and pick up a script for him. We did not have time to do the x-ray his doctor wrote a script for, as I had to get him home and pick up the kids from school. Friday, I took the day off. I got the kids to school and the dog walked and then headed with Greg to his appointment for an MRI of his back. We were halfway to his Dad's, so we continued on and I dropped Greg off and loaded his Dad into the car to bring him for the x-ray on his hip. I got home to drop Greg off about the time I normally leave to go pick up the kids, so I headed back out to get the kids.  I was in the car pretty much from 8-4 yesterday!

Today is a dog walk and then horses with Emily. I might need to grab a few things and pop over to my FIL's as well as he is low on the ensures and juice. So, another day in the car for me. It tends to be about 3 hours to go over to my FIL's and back. Horses is usually a good 3 hours as well in the other direction. 

I think I need a vacation!


14 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad you had a short work week, but wow is that a lot of driving. Glad you were able to have a sewing day, those blocks look great.

Maggie said...

We can agree, a holiday is definitely what we need! The days when I use to spend all day in the car, thank goodness is done. You have my commiserations on that one. All your blocks looks great and all the colours is beautiful. Have a good weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, that was a full week! I bet it won't be too long before Aidan can do some of that driving. Your kites and Arkansas Traveler blocks look great! Hope you get a chance for some sewing this weekend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so much driving here and there to appointments and hope you make it to pick up the next person on time - it sounds exhausting - I bet you are ready for break.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

forgot to say love how the AT is coming along - I sure do remember working on that one.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, I agree. A vacation for the always so busy Deb!! You give my head a spin round with all the driving and toting, etc. you do. Your FIL is one lucky man to have such a devoted DIL. I hope he knows it. And you still have time somehow to make beautiful blocks. Always a treat to read your posts!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Sounds exhausting! Hope you can have a restful (well relatively anyway) weekend x

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What can one say--but dogs and family come first and in Bears mind--he is first!!! so you are doing a great job--just do remember though to take care of yourself so you can walk Bear and drive the family here and there!!!
hugs to you--Di

Julierose said...

You sure have been busy!! Seems like these things all occur at once, don't they? Your Arkansas Traveler blocks are so pretty...hope you can take some time to sew this weekend...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good grief, Deb! Your week sounds even busier than mine!!! Hoping MPAs went well for Em's band.

Astrid said...

What a busy week for you! Glad you got time for some relaxing sewing. Pretty AT blocks and cute kite blocks too. Happy relaxing Sunday!

Jenny said...

Whew..... you had a lot going on. I'm so pleased you could manage to squeeze some sewing in too.

a good yarn said...

The Arkansas blocks look great as does the Kite top. You’ve had a busy week there.

chrisknits said...

Love your RSC blocks!! I might have to consider that block for next year.