Saturday, February 10, 2024

RSC red hearts?

 I got a little play time in on Thursday and worked on making a few of these mistake blocks into hearts. Note to self, pay attention to where the bigger triangle is used because 2 matching square parts will not make a heart top! I have a hook up on the wall by the hutch near the entryway from Christmas decorations. It is empty right now, but I think this little heart hanging will look cute there. I hope to get this to a little quilt finish sometime this weekend, just in time to have up for Valentines Day. 


I did get the Harmony blocks completed and hand stitched together to form a top this week. I think I needed a few days off after getting that accomplished.
The boy is officially 16! He had wanted Bob Evans for his dinner out... until he got in the car after school and said he really wanted Mexican - fish taco's! Well, they don't have them on the Chili's menu anymore, so we tried a new to us Mexican place. Emily opted to stay home and have leftover spaghetti sauce. She is not a fan of Mexican restaurants, despite all those Chili's chips and salsa cravings while I was pregnant with her! Greg, Aidan and I had a nice meal out. I'll be going back there again... probably with just Aidan though! Since he did not get his learners permit until spring break last year, he can't get his license until he has had his permit for a year. 
This one for his height.

This one for the smile full of metal braces he got a week ago!




Linking up with the RSC today

The dog has been walked. The cats were exploring the house this morning, before the girl let the dog out of her room. Time for a shower and then shuttle the girl to horses. I hope to get some outside yard work done today. The flower beds need weeding (I am really good at growing weeds!), shrubs need trimming and the garden needs a till and the shade lining put back up for planting. I also need the guys to put the car canopy back up so my car can get a little protection from the sun before it gets crazy hot down here next month. We will see how much gets done. 

11 comments:

Sara said...

Happy birthday to the boy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Birthday to your son, they do grow up don't they. Nice looking cake

Julierose said...

Happy 16th Birthday to Aidan--did he see on F1-- Toto's video about Hamilton leaving Mercedes? I thought it was really interesting...
And what is going on with Red Bull's Horner??? This should be a very fun year!!

I was able, for the first time since my H-disk--to walk all the way around the playing field where we go--.8 of a mile!! Yay!! My back complained a bit--but not enough to make me stop--I am doing 30 min on our treadmill now every day I can!! [I feel very virtuous hahaha]. So happy to just be able to walk once again--fingers crossed that it lasts...you never know at 80 yrs old...
[now if my hands would just cooperate, huh?]


I just love your hearts--so pretty..I need to make some for us--a little wall strip like that would just fit nicely on a little spot near my sewing room...
Hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Big Happy Birthday to Aidan--and I love that cake--yummm!!!
Thanks for updates on the four legged crowd --how are the chickens doing--getting eggs still??
hugs, diane

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hearts are turning out nicely! I love that idea. Happy Birthday to A! Fish tacos are a favorite of ours, too, and that cake looks yummy. Hope you're having a great Saturday!

grammajudyb said...

Good use of your oops blocks! Golly, teenagers! Aren’t they a treat! We wish we had a decent place to get good fish tacos.and chocolate cake! Happy Birthday to A.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday to the boy! Always fun to find a restaurant! that you like. The Valentine hanging is cute; great use of the 'extra' blocks.~Jeanne

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday Aidan! Fish tacos and chocolate cake - excellent celebration food. Good save on the mistake blocks and now you’ll have a lovely heart wall hanging just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy, happy birthday to your dear son! 16 that is a big birthday! I hope he had a fabulous day! Your heart blocks are looking fabulous, Deb. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs.

Maggie said...

Happy birthday to Aidan! Glad you got a chance to celebrate and to sew all in one week, have a wonderful week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute hearts, Deb, and that is one tasty looking cake!! Happy to the birthday boy. 16? The time does fly!