Saturday, December 5, 2020

RSC Saturday

 Earlier this week I got the Stashbuster quilt to a top. I had hoped to work on it more but alas, life. My goal is to get it quilted before the end of the year. Right now it is 48x60... a good snuggle size.



Last night I got a little hand quilting in on the Book Club quilt while watching the movie Goonies. Love that movie!  Block #6 has just a little quilting to go on it. The center part is done, time to move onto the four corners of this block later tonight.

Before I can do anything.... someone has a riding lesson this morning. We all need hair cuts - so that is right after lunch. The outside and inside of the house needs more Christmas decorations put up/out and I would like to rake and till the garden area today... so the chickens can peck in there a bit more before I attempt to plant something this winter. Not sure I'll get to the Grassy Creek Mystery until tomorrow.... or playing with my new Accuquilt Go! I have plans for the HST and square that came with the  8 inch die block set that came with it for one of next year's blocks. I 'might' have ordered the flowering snowball die for a Christmas present for me.... which is the block in the middle of the bottom row in this photo. A future hand piecing project for me =) I'm really hoping that by taking that rotary cutting part out it will go much quicker on the prep work side - so just marking the sewing line and stitching!


Linking up with the RSC Challenge.




9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Stashbuster top looks great! I really like how you put the blocks together to create the inner design. A flowering snowball die for your Accuquilt sounds like a good idea. I recall those were a little tricky to cut by hand, but make such a beautiful block!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your stashbuster quilt looks so cool! I like that layout!

Julierose said...

Pretty Stashbuster quilt--hope you can get to play with your new Accuquilt cutter...
Hugs from 'neath my umbrella--Julierose :()

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Really like the Stashbuster and your other blocks are so pretty! Have a great week-end!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh the book club hand quilting is coming along very nicely! Let us know how you like the Accuquilt Go!

Cathy said...

That Stashbuster (Double Four Patch?) block sure is versatile. I like the layout you chose.

I love Flowering Snowballs. I made one a long time ago and pieced it all by machine. It is one of my fav quilts but I got carried away making blocks and ended up with a huge quilt that's even a little too big for our bed.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the reminder about Grassy Creek. I didn't even check to see the clue yesterday!

Chantal said...

One day at a time, it will all get done eventually - is my motto. ;^)

Susie H said...

Love your Stash Buster quilt and the way you planned the lighter innards. Very nifty idea!