Friday, December 11, 2020

Grassy Creek Mystery... clue #3

 Would you believe I am actually done clue #1+2 and ready for clue 3? Yup, me either!  This is most of the parts and pieces for the first 2 clues. I 'might' have a little pressing and trimming for a few of clue 2 left to do but that should not take long. You can find the Grassy Creek Mystery Clues here.


So... while I was working away on finishing up clue #2 yesterday.... Peanut decided to do this!



Notice the machine is off. I had done a little sewing, then press and trim and cut some more for sewing so I had turned it off. Yes, I think he was sleeping this way at some point!

When I went back to sewing .... I was wondering what he would do. 

He opted to get 'more comfortable?'. The little bugger stayed this way for over 30 minutes while I was sewing away.  When I finally got him to move.... he did this!

The little turkey.

Last night a rocket went off. Yes, we watched the one from SpaceX a few days ago that lifted off, did the turn, then landed a little fast with a big boom! It was a teaching moment with the boy to see how Elon Musk handled that explosion... which was in a very positive light. Trying to instill if you look at the positive, things go much smoother in life rather than finding the negative. The rocket last night was visible for almost 5 minutes outside our house on the other coast of Florida from where it went off. It is that spec of light over the tree towards the middle of the screen. It went across the sky! With a boy who is very into airplanes, flights and space and rockets.... let's just say I know about and get to watch all the launches from around the world!








7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat to see the space stuff from your home! are you doing the big version of the mystery quilt? doesn't she usually give dimensions for a large quilt or small? I only made one so I'm not sure

Julierose said...

WOW--good for you keeping up with those clues, the two times I began (and never finished!!) I just couldn't keep up--and got so frustrated...I do enjoy watching how they all come together so uniquely, though.
Nice work hugs from up North Julierose

scraphappy said...

Yay for you being caught up on the mystery so far. The colors look like they are boing to be quite fun. So glad you were able to see the launch! It is so pretty when they happen at night.

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go keeping up with the mystery right from the start!
I hope to catch up this weekend

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Peanut is hilarious! Your Grassy Creek colors are looking so pretty. Great job keeping up! A fascination with space and space exploration sounds so perfect for A. My son is 36 and he still is, and that keeps me learning about it, too.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Way to go Deb!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on keeping up with the mystery, Deb. Those photos of Peanut are SEW funny!!!