Saturday, August 28, 2021

Flowering Snowball quilt is completed!

After being at horses with Emily in the feels like 100 degrees for a couple of hours this morning.... I'm usually toast the rest of the day! So.... today I decided to finish the quilting on the last 4 parts and hand stitch the binding down on this quilt while listening to my audio book The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell. I'm happy to say my OMG for August is complete!

The back to school shopping included a package of binder clips... that were perfect for binding! 


My trusty helpers - Sophie the white cat who is almost 17 and Peanut. I know Ollie was on the floor somewhere in the room with us. I tend to have 2-3 cats in whatever room I am in!


Flowering Snowball quilt. Hand pieced, hand quilting and I did use the machine to add the binding to the top but hand stitched it to the pretty teal backing.

A shot of the back. Bands of rain going through so no outside shots, sorry.


A close up of some of the quilting. I used my blue YLI hand quilting thread. 

 

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this turned out really well - great job on it - so pretty

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love the colors and design. And the quilting looks great, especially seeing it on the back!

a good yarn said...

Such a terrific quilt! Love the colour of the backing fabric.

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is gorgeous and you did a terrific job. Using binder clips looks like a great option - thanks. ~Jeanne

Kim said...

Such a beautiful finish! Lovely fabrics and colours, and the blue thread for the quilting is a lovely touch.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE this little quilt, Deb!! Congrats on completing it for August's OMG. And, let's not forget, it's a qualifying finish for the Summer 2021 (Ravelry) UFO Club, too!

Florida Farm Girl said...

What a lovely quilt! Good job.

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on the finish of this beautiful quilt!

CathieJ said...

I love that quilt! Yay for the finish!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I just figured it out--why not take horse riding lessons with Emily???????
All great projects-there and nice finish--
Even our breeze here is hot by afternoon now--so am glad I am getting out before lunch for some fresh air!!!
hugs, di

Maggie said...

Beautiful quilt, it is not so easy to do it with the heat and humidity. Have a wonderful week.

Created by Kathi said...

Hey Deb... your flowering snowball quilt is a sure winner... I hope you add it to a show somewhere if they are doing any.. or maybe a virtual show??? Does it have a home now?? I can't recall!
Glad you had the energy after being outside with Emily and the horses to finish that binding and get photos! Great determination girl :)
Kathi

Angie said...

Great finish on the Flowering Snowball! I have been eyeing the Acuquilt dies for this block...

Patty said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.