Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday catch up.

I did a little whip stitching of these sets of 4 Hexagon QAYG's together this week. I need to get back to stitching my individual teal hexagons but I wanted to play with getting a few sets of 4 together to see how it would work. I tried the way Daisy and Grace recommended to stitch it together but I found there were gaps when I did it and whip stitching them together works better for me - faster and more secure.


I got out the Accuquilt Go and cut parts for a scrappy Flowering Snowball kit. I have been adding some from each color selected each month from my scraps. I see I really missed on the purple month of June! I cut dark blue and teal yesterday and I'll pull purple later today and add those to the pile since it is still out.


I also pulled my #5 HST from my 8 inch cube and cut out half square triangles to make one teal block in the bottom corner. Seems I missed Purple and Dark Blue with this set of Garden Path blocks. I need to make another teal then the purple and dark blues this month. Once cut out, they do go together really nice. 


Thursday was my day off and I was in the mood to bake! I made some back of the bag Honey Oat Bread - recipe from King Arthur Flour and some Sourdough Soft Pretzels since the sourdough starter needed attention. It makes 8 - I had one, Greg had 2 and each of the kids had one at car pick up for their snack. I popped these three in the freezer and we will see how they heat up.


I'll link up Saturday with the RSC where we are playing with teal/aqua.

***Edited - right after this post I got a call from school. Em was close contact to a positive case Thursday. When I mentioned she was vaccinated they actually SENT HER BACK TO CLASS! It makes no sense! We cancelled horses, grandma and scouts as it is safest to assume it was transferred. Knowing our hospitals are overrun in Marion County right now (over 270+COVID patients) we are hunkering down. Thankfully we are all vaccinated. I see lots of sewing in my future today! 

 

10 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your hexi quilt is going to look amazing. I bet you are getting anxious to see it all put together once all of the hexis are made. Sounds like you have been busy cutting away for your Flowering Snowball and the Garden Path quilt. Have a great day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Some assembly, some prep work, and some baking? Sounds like a good week, Deb!

Julierose said...

Your hexies are looking great together--I do whip stitching too--that other method was leaving gaps for me, also..
Oooh those pretzels sound yummy...I want to get back to my cooking as soon as
I am able to get around better. In the meantime my very own Mr. Wonderful has taken over--he is a great cook...tonight will be an easy prep one...stuffed clams and tossed salad...nice and light...Tomorrow he's making his yummy chili con carne for us...I am being totally spoiled...
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those Garden Path blocks - they're going to have to go on my bucket list. Homemade bread and pretzels, too - yummy! Enjoy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Your blocks are so pretty. Garden Path will be a wonderful scrap quilt. I agree, whip stitching is the way to go with hexies. Amazing baked goods too, they look delicious!

Lin said...

Nice work with your aqua's. The honey bread sounds delicious. Great that you are all vaccinated - stay safe though. xx

Chantal said...

Love your Garden Path photo. It will be a little stunner I think. It's better to whipstitch the hexies, always, I say. That's a too-close-for-comfort moment with Covid. Hope nothing comes out of it. Take care. ;^)

Florida Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry the dear girl has been exposed. Thank goodness for vaccination. Let's hope its not a big deal. Your breads look interesting. These days I just don't have the motivation or patience to do any kind of breads.

Jenny said...

Your Garden Paths are such pretty blocks. And baking too, that looks delicious. Sorry to read about your daughters exposure to Covid, hopefully she wont catch it as she's already vaccinated. Such a worrying time for everyone.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Looking good on the Hexies! I fell through the crack on this one maybe next year! Hugs