Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Mid week.....

 Well, both kids had a good first day of school about 30% had masks on. I have a feeling it will be less today but we will see.

Emily has band and culinary, Aidan has Robotics and culinary this semester.  I get 3 concerts this year! We will see what instrument she wants to try. The first 2 weeks they try them all to see what they want to do for the year.

The pick up line was horrible as expected. I get to avoid it today as the kids will be pulled early for Dr. appointments for yearly physicals. Drop off today was smooth so hopefully pick up tomorrow is a lot smoother than yesterday.

I did manage to get these guys stitched together while waiting. A few sets of two that need to be stitched into sets of four. 


I'm shooting for a bunch like this teal set of 4. Groups of color in the eventual finished quilt. It may be all grouped like this or little splashes with all colors, not sure yet. 




7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I certainly don't miss the carpool line. SEW glad that you made good use of that time, Deb!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well kitty seems to like the new hexie's --as she took her eyes off the toy!!!
pretty colors--
luv, di

Julierose said...

Hopefully the masked numbers will go UP and not DOWN!! [Sometimes I think "certain segments of the population" just want people who don't agree with them to DIE!! My rant for the day!!]

Anyway--glad your two had a good first day--

Your hexies will be really pretty together...I plan on working on a couple this
afternoon--if I don't fall asleep first--so tired these days...Hot and very humid here...so in the AC dewpoint is 78!!
hugs Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

our local larger school district put in a mandate from the school board for 30 days of wearing masks but I wonder if that will be long enough - I doubt it. Our smaller school that serves the kids closest to me I don't know - I haven't heard a word on what they will do

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you could get some new recipes from culinary class, too! Your idea to sew the hexies into groups of 4 is such a good one. That will help the final quilt go together and spread the colors out, too.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your hexies are looking great.A great project to take while waiting or on the go. Happy quilting.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hexies looking great and love the new Header picture! Pretty quilt.
The children are growing like weeds! Have fun listening to your daughter play her chosen instrument!