Saturday, August 7, 2021

Weekend wrap up

 Since teal or aqua is the color for August, and so far my sewing projects have been by hand I'm combining my RSC Saturday and Slow Sunday Stitching posts this weekend!

I had pulled and cut out these aqua/teal fabrics for my Hexagon QAYG. This should cover the first half of the month before I need to dig for more variety. I was pleased with this array I found on the shelf - at least 12 different ones.


This is all the prep work - bigger muslin hexagon squares, my smaller colored hexagons and the batting with my handy dandy pins, scissors and thread.


Edited: Saturday nights progress. This is the other cat that does not get photo's much - Oliver/Ollie or LeeLee as we all call him now.



The back of the flowering snowball quilt is teal and shows the hand quilting better. I am just following the shapes as I quilt. I have about 4 blocks quilted of the 12 so pretty good progress so far this month. 

Time to move the hoop!


I'm writing this on Saturday afternoon so it is almost time to dry off the eggplant and bake it a bit before we bread it and bake it again. Eggplant Parm is on the menu tonight with a salad. I'll be prepping those hexagons in between dinner prep steps.


12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so often the back shows the quilting better doesn't it. I love all your aqua's and know I have a few of those here and there in my stash over the years.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty aqua hexies for August! Looks like you're making good progress on quilting the flowering snowballs, too. Dinner sounds delicious - that's something I've never made before!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum... I'll be right over for dinner!!
Love to see a quilt in a hoop!

a good yarn said...

Aqua is such a refreshing colour and having some stitching prepped an ready to is time well spent. The quilting on Snowball looks great and you’re making good progress. Eggplant Parma and salad - yum!

Kim said...

Aqua truly is the most peaceful of hues and if hexies are the stars of the aqua show, then all the better. You have a nice collection of fabrics there. Your Snowball quilting is looking fabulous and yes it shows up wonderfully on the aqua backing. I'm with Ann.....Eggplant Parma and salad does sound rather delicious!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely aqua and blue projects! Happy quilting!

CathieJ said...

You have a lot of pretty aqua fabrics! The cat pic made me smile. Enjoy your stitching!

Sarah said...

The back certainly shows your lovely quilting! I think teal/Aqua is one of my favourite colours and combined with hexies it's a match made in heaven!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, I love the aqua! Hope you have a great week!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your hexis are looking great and love your quilting. You are making a lot of progress. Eggplant parm sounds yummy

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Pretty aqua hexies! Your hand quilting texture is wonderful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful aqua/teal bits and you sure are making quick work of that quilting project, Deb!!