Sunday, August 22, 2021

Slow stitching Sunday

 There has been a lot of slow stitching this week! This is the parts department of stitching my Hexagon QAYGs together into pairs, then four patches. My little tin has singles to stitch together. This has been my pick up line project this school year. I do need to prep the rest of my aqua ones today for the month so I don't fall behind.


A shot of the sets of 4 that have been hand stitched together.

Hand quilting progress. This little flowering snowball is 36x48 and has 96 parts - not including the tiny square in the middle of the block. I have 16 parts left to stitch around the top edge! I found a dark blue that will become the binding when done. I have enjoyed stitching these gentle curves by hand and then quilting around them. Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Stitchers. I'll be adding some more stitches into this quilt and hopefully will be working on binding by mid week!



Last evening the kids and Greg made sushi - california rolls! They did a great job and I hear they tasted just like the ones we buy. They had fun making them and Dad did all the prep work and clean up! 


Saturday morning was horses. Emily was grooming Lance before she rode. He had just been rolling in the hay so lots of cleaning and attention was needed! I think she was riding him for at least an hour while Mom wilted in the heat! 

Not a great shot of the chickens but Em was out with them one day this week.   As soon as we go out back they all come running/flying to see us! They do love to hang out with their people....especially when we feed them! 


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

How fun to learn to make sushi! Way to go, Dad and kids! Your hexies are looking so fun as you show them coming together. I'm glad you're making progress on your flowering snowball quilting. It's such a pretty quilt! Hope you enjoy some slow stitching today.

The Cozy Quilter said...

The QAYG hexie project is growing! Will this be a table runner or lap quilt? Lovely hand quilted curves!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my daughter used to make a bit of sushi - I have never cared for it - the snowball quilting is looking great

Angela said...

Oh, I am impressed! Love those hexies!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yum... homemade sushi!
Love that hexie project and to think you've made it during "found time" that others waste looking at their phone.
I also love seeing your project in a hoop!

Created by Kathi said...

What a fun and busy post today Deb! I love your hexi project qayg progress and your flowering hand quilting progress... the sushi sounds fun although I don't eat it it sounds like a fun family event for y'all! I am glad Emily is able to groom her horse and help with that maintenance and get her horse out of the stall for a nice ride... even if mom did wilt in that Florida heat and humidity! I love the pic of your daughter with the chickens! Have a happy Sunday friend :) Kathi

Karrin Hurd said...

Love seeing your projects, and family activities. Happy stitching!

a good yarn said...

The Snowball quilt is impressive. You make wonderful projects. Those hexies are a terrific stitching to have while waiting for school pickup.

Miaismine said...

Your bordered hexies are so very pretty! I've never seen that style before and wow! I love them! I learned to make sushi and do love it! How nice of Dad to prep and clean up!