Friday, August 6, 2021

Friday - returning home from a quick trip to the beach!

Not a single stitch was taken. We did play one hand of Monopoly cards. I think the Ocean and the sun tired everyone out and we were too exhausted to do much of anything in the evenings!  The sound and sight of the waves of the Ocean was the perfect end of summer for us before the kids head back to school next week. I really did not get too many photo's. I was too busy soaking in the sun, sand and the restorative sound of the ocean.


I think this one is my favorite photo from this morning. We were walking back to the room (to go grab my purse and hit Dunkin for my coffee fix!) and I turned around and snapped it.

These were on the walk from the hotel to the ocean so we passed by them a lot.


There was a flock of birds on the sand and they all flew up when we approached this morning before the sun came up. 






The kids on the boogie boards yesterday. Wednesday it was red and purple flag with a good rip current but it was a yellow Thursday and they spent the morning and first half of the afternoon in the water. We grabbed subs from Publix for lunch and I might have sent Greg and Em back into the store to get a sand kit for making sand castles.... ok, so I'm an almost 50 year old kid! I love playing in the sand on the beach. Em and I started playing with them then both kids were building so I settled in my chair in my tent to read my book. Kept them entertained for over an hour before they went back out for the waves when their Dad came down to the beach.



After a 2 hour drive home this morning, a stock up on groceries and checking in on all the animals I am ready to relax a bit. A couple of loads of laundry are spinning and dinners are planned for the next few days. I pulled Carnita meat from the freezer and will make some fresh salsa, guac, rice and black beans for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is eggplant parmesan since the eggplant looked great. Em gets roasted cauliflower instead =). Sunday is sheet pan chicken with potato and fresh green beans. I enjoyed eating out for a few days but it is nice to get back to cooking. 



8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you had a good time - always time for sewing another day. (I like playing in the sand too)

Angie said...

There's nothing like time at the beach to refresh your spirit!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like an awesome way to spend the last few days of the kids' summer break! I think you got some great photos. I love the ocean - can't wait for our trip to the Oregon coast in September.

Ray and Jeanne said...

A perfect end of the summer get away. The ocean can be so calming and relaxing. I'm glad you had this family time together. ~Jeanne

Julierose said...

So nice that you got those few days to "play" with the kids in the sand!! ;)) It is just so comforting to build sand castles and mold things...that feeling never really goes away...
I like to cook, too; I was able to stand long enough to put together some twice baked potatoes for tonight's side with our steak...baby steps...
hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

So glad that you were able to enjoy the sand and sun! I hope that all goes well with the kids and back to school next week. We are already seeing a spike here from the return of teachers, so seeing the effects of having everyone together unmasked will be fascinating.

Quilter Kathy said...

How beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You captured some awesome images, Deb! Sounds like you made some fabulous memories, too.