Thursday, March 17, 2022

Hexagon QAYG - 8th section is done!

This is the final section all stitched together! Now to get all 8 sections stitched together. That process will start on Sunday I think. 


Ollie cat testing for softness.



Since horses was cancelled Saturday due to the weather I got her scheduled for a Tuesday afternoon riding lesson this week. It was our first time at the new facility and I admit - we got a little lost trying to find it. The signs are not up yet so I did have to make a call and ask where the heck they were! We found it and Emily got a long time on Princess in the arena. I think it might have been close to a month since she had ridden. She was pretty tired after the one hour lesson. 
 

Hubby is staying home to care for the animals and work on his classwork while I take the kids over to the beach for a few days. I don't expect any stitching to get done but I will take some knitting for dish cloths with me just in case. We are hoping to see the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch late Friday night. Fingers crossed it goes off while we are over there.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Have a great time at the beach! Your hexies are almost there - that quilt is going to be beautiful! Glad Emily got in some horseback time, and hope you guys are drying out.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun at the beach and hope you get to see the space launch

Moneik said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! Have a great time. I'm to the same point with my handwork project, big sections and I need to just put them together during tv time.

Julierose said...

Oh do enjoy your vacation--;)))
Great to have finished your last hexie section...
Watching Opening day baseball with our Red sox...in green...
hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love these pretty hexagons. Great photo and how wonderful she gets to ride. Have a wonderful time at the beach and happy knitting if you get the chance.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on being one step closer to a FABULOUS finish, Deb!!!