Thursday, March 3, 2022

March..... One a Day?

I was just looking at quilt sites on Facebook last night (I know - dangerous seeing so many pretty quilts I want to make them ALL!) and saw some friendship stars. With Yellow/Gold being the color for March.... and yellow and blue the colors for Ukraine I think I will make some friendship stars in yellow and blues this month. Maybe one per day?  Here are the first 3 for the month. I might have stopped at Joanns after a leader meeting Wednesday night and got a few yards of Kona Buttercup yellow. I did not have this in mind when I got it... I was thinking blue dresden plates on yellow! 

 


Sunday this one was all over me ALL DAY LONG! Peanut is a very needy cat!  I was gone all day Saturday and this was my punishment for leaving him home with just Emily all day.

Aidan moved from the robotics competition disappointment to the 3rd quarter report and project he needed to finish that was due on Tuesday. He had 400 words going into the weekend and needed to double that. I think it was closer to 1200 when he finished the report on Stonewall Jackson. The other piece was making a face/body using a 2 liter bottle or a coat hanger. He went with the bottle and despite starting it around 8:30PM Monday night and working a couple of hours and then another hour first thing in the morning this was the result. I think it turned out really good! I did not help at all - other than walking into the craft room and he said what he needed and I pulled those items out and then left the room! (grey fabrics, buttons, yarn, something for the head - the top of a maracas, paints, googlie eyes, glue and the hot glue gun, and cardboard for the arms). I only have a little of the paint on one of my quilting rulers. 


Monday was carnitas (recipe under the recipe tab) made in the crock pot. There was a sale on Boston Butt Roast. Tuesday - Aidan and I had the butternut squash, brussels sprout and bacon meal while Greg had leftovers and Emily made egg salad. Wednesday was pressed cuban sandwiches. I need to seal a meal the rest of the carnitas for a few freezer meals. 


I went and got another one and have crockpot pulled pork working now. I started it around 11 so not sure it will be done in time for dinner or not. It appeared I was out of both of these freezer meals so it was time to stock it up again!
Time for a walk before heading back into the sewing room.


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your pot of food looks good! the yellow and blue stars are great

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The yellow and blue Friendship Stars are a lovely idea! Aidan's school project turned out great, too. I bet it would be fun to see all the different people that the kids did. Dinner ideas sound yummy - I need to try the carnitas sometime.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Friendship Stars are SEW pretty with that YELLOW background, Deb! Sounds like some yummy eats at your house. Congrats to Aidan on doing such a good job with his project!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Friendship blocks look amazing and what a great plan, Deb. Stonewall Jackson looks fabulous too, Aidan did a great job and what a creative use of supplies. Have a great weekend and happy quilting.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Your blue and yellow stars look fabulous. The world (well Putin) has gone mad hasn't it. Praying for eeveryone in Ukraine.
I've just restarted my blog at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk , would be lovely to see you over there :)
Jillxo