Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Sew close to a finish!

 

Both halves are currently being hand stitched together. I got the bottom section started last night and stitched up until I would have had to move Peanut... who was all comfy snuggled up in the bottom parts on the end of the recliner. I figure 3-4 episodes of Murdock Mysteries should have it finished up. 


On the audiobook front - a few things I have finished up recently.

The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah - really good and I did not expect the ending part! Covers a lady and family from the early 1920's through the depression and the dust bowl of Texas. It was a 15 hour audio and well worth the hours.

Sofie Kelly series - A Case of Cat and Mouse was #12. This is a nice easy mystery read with cats set in a small town. I am sad I only have one more to go in this series. Curiosity Thrilled the Cat Book is the first in the series. I get mine through the free Libby App and attached my library card to it.

On The Way to the Wedding - Julia Quinn. If you like Bridgerton on Netflix, this book is the youngest son's story. There is one for each of the 8 siblings and the Mom and Dad. I believe I have listened or read them all. 

The Maid by Nita Prose - This was also a good one from the prospective of a potentially Autistic person. Well written and a different prospective from what we normally read about.

I just started a new author to me - Donna Andrews - Murder with Peacocks. I'll let you know how it is.

Lets see... the family expects food for dinner..... so far this week we have had...

Monday- Corned Beef and cabbage in the crock pot (ok, I popped the frozen corned beef into the pressure cooker around lunchtime then threw it back in the crock pot. Then I did the cabbage in the pressure cooker cause I love it that way and threw that into the crock pot. The leftovers have been my breakfast with an egg and irish soda bread. Yum)

Tuesday - roasted veggies and italian sweet sausage over penne pasta. This one is Emily's favorite. 

I gave Aidan the option for dinner tonight since he has turned up his nose on the last 2 nights for some reason..... he selected chicken wings in hot sauce. I was sure he would select Chicken Tikka Masala but he heard about the issue finding chicken the last couple of weeks so went with the wings. I do have frozen chicken in the freezer... but he wanted this so it will be dinner tonight. Probably with pasta salad and celery and carrot sticks I think.

I hope to post a completed Hexagons quilt tomorrow. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have read most of Kristen Hannah's books and remember the one you mention and loved it. The hexies look so good - who will get that quilt or keeping it for yourself?

Julierose said...

Those hexies are coming together beautifully--such a lovely size quilt
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Cheering you on from way out west! The hexie quilt is looking wonderful! I also liked The Four Winds and didn't expect the ending. Dinners sound yummy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Tonight and tomorrow night. You've SEW got this!!!