Sunday, March 27, 2022

Weekend...

 I have no clue where the week went! I know I have been concentrating on hand stitching the hexagons together and have half the quilt together. Not sure if the other half will get finished this month or not. We will see how the beginning of this week goes I guess.  I'll keep concentrating on hand stitching the hexagons together. This half is 88x34. The front and the back.



I did take a break and thought about the Table Scrap Challenge mid week. Thursday I had all these ideas running through my head - yellow dreseden plates made into a sunflower runner, maybe some tulips in red and yellow.... alas... time got to me (and I don't know where I put the Quilters Patch book where I was going to pull the flower patterns from!) and as I was looking for things I found this set of 4 blocks with some yellow... and flowers .... the two prompts for March! I put them together and did some quilting and finished hand stitching the binding on it this morning! My entry for the March Table Scrap Challenge. I believe this is the Tiffany's magic stars pattern found on Joyful's blog.



Thursday evening was shopping for the troop sleep in at the church we meet at. Friday to Saturday around noon was the troop sleepover. Let's just say not much sleep was had but it was great to see all 6 girls together having fun. They baked a cake, got to experience plan B ( it rained all day Thursday and I could not get the camp fire started!) of making smores in the microwave. Pancakes and sausage for breakfast. They did a great job cleaning up and then while waiting for their rides were sitting outside in the shade playing a game of UNO. Me.... took a long nap Saturday afternoon! Then Aidan tried warming up pizza for dinner and the microwave decided it was done. Greg and I headed to Lowes to pick up a new one and got a counter one rather than the over the stove.... which meant I needed to clear off a counter, find where to put stuff (yes, Joy, I will be getting rid of things!). We will replace the old microwave with a range hood we think.... or just remove it and add pop up lights under the cabinet? Not sure yet. No way to vent it outside so still considering.... knowing they will probably be taking our house and property for a road project expansion in the next few years we really don't want to invest a lot of $ into it. 

I also found the remaining butterfly wings that need to get appliqued down to their background this year. The yellow for March and the Pink for April with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am a bit behind with this challenge this year but scraps are very forgiving and will wait patiently for next year's turn at them. I am sew glad I decided to use a big safety pin to keep these all attached! 


After a long overdue clean of the house today... I will be in the sewing room prepping the last of the Memory quilt blocks with interfacing so I can begin stitching that very large quilt together. Once that quilt is finished I think I will become much more productive in the sewing room. 

Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.



14 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Wow you have had a busy week! Love seeing the progress on your hexagon quilt. Happy stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The hexies are looking wonderful, Deb! I love the pops of color here and there when you flip it to the back. Looks like you found the perfect solution for the Table Scraps this month. That turned out really pretty! Enjoy your Sunday!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Deb--even slow stitching is getting a project to the finish line--at least that is what I am telling myself these days--I seem to be doing alot of hand stitching and not alot of machine stitching these days--for some reason--!!!
Have an awesome week--hugs, di

Sharon in VT said...

Love the random pops of color on the back! You can do it...get it done by the end of March.

The Cozy Quilter said...

That hexie runner will look great with either side up! A two in one project, for sure.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the added color on the back of the hexies

CathieJ said...

Your hexie quilt looks great. I love the blue/yellow table topper. Sorry about the microwave. Enjoy working on the memory quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous progress on the Hexi quilt, Deb, and a super sweet entry for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!! Unfortunately, the tutorial for Tiffany's Magic Stars has been retired. There may be others similar to it available elsewhere on the internet. LOVE your YELLOW/Floral version!!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Deb, that is a really lovely table topper. It's a great block!

Julierose said...

Your hexagons are really beautiful getting all together--I love how you've sprinkled some colors on the reverse side...
Sounds like a super busy time for you this week--hugs, Julierose

Angie in SoCal said...

Lots of wonderful work going on in your sewing room!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You certainly have been a very busy bee. Your hexagon quilt is looking amazing. It has been a delight to watch it come together. Fabulous tablescrap quilt too. Have a wonderful week. Happy quilting.

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun to see the hexies from the back... it's so modern looking! Great job on the table topper!

ButterZ said...

I love the table scraps block. Your hexie quilt looks lovely, especially with the splashes of colour on the back. Well done.