Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday

 I believe I am down to the last hexagon section to be stitched! I still need to whip stitch the other 7 sections together but great progress is being made! Peanut needed to inspect them.



I finished the 7th section last night while watching Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu. I think I am on season 3. I try to watch one episode a night and do a little stitching on these hexagons.

I have a trip over to SkyZone with Emily today. She is meeting a friend of hers from school to jump for an hour. We will be going through the area where a EF1 tornado touched down yesterday morning. Thankfully no injuries were reported but lots of roof damage and trees uprooted. We just had strong rain at our house and then nice cooler weather for the afternoon. Emily and I tackled cleaning the chicken coop and she changed out their water buckets and food. I think the girls were happy to have people out in the back yard with them for a few hours. Aidan did some weeding in the front beds and then was out back puttering around. Lily the chicken still loves being a parrot, she perches up on his shoulder and just stays there! Silly girl. 

I'd better pop into the sewing room and work some more on the Memory quilt before I head out for Sky Zone. I'll try and pick up a backing for it while I am out today as well. 

Linking up with the other Slow Stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those hexies are looking wonderful and glad you didn't have storm damage - in the area 7 miles from us that had one last week they are still clearing down trees - there were so many we haven't driven out to look they are still asking people to stay out of the area if they don't need to be there!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great progress on the hexie project!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at those hexies - such a beautiful project! You're almost there! I don't think the tornado was near the in-laws place, but hate to hear about that anywhere. Crazy weather! We still have snow trying to melt, but warmer temperatures the last couple days are helping that. Enjoy your day!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I was a bit worried about all of my 3 bloggers that live in the Ocala area--and so far have heard from 2 of you that is ok with you--I am glad!! Here we just got about 10 good rain and a little wind at noon time--!!
that hexie quilt is really one neat looking quilt--I can see why Peanut wanted to check it out--
have fun with the girl child this afternoon--
hugs, di

Julierose said...

The hexagon piece is really coming together so well--just lovely work on this, Deb. Hugs, Julierose

Kim said...

I smiled at the thought of Peanut inspecting your hexies; so sweet. I must say all those hexies are looking fabulous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love that quilt SEW much!!! I am looking forward to seeing it completed.

sue s said...

Those hexies continue to amaze me! And I love Murdoch! I have been binge watching them and just recently caught up to this year. I've been borrowing from the library as I don't have Hulu.

Jenny said...

Peanut is taking her inspection duties very seriously, hope she gave you a pure of approval! Hexies are not my thing, too fiddly for me, so I certainly admire those who tackle such a project.