Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Memory Quilt progress

 I have a question out on the size. I have made about 30 - 12 inch blocks so far. I have a question out to the future owner as to what size they want it. twin - 60x84, big throw of 72x72 or double of 84x84. 



Lessons learned - use interfacing on everything except non stretchy jeans! I need to unpick about 3 blocks and add interfacing and then will restitch. I'll make a few more blocks today and then will be stitching it together. My hope is to pin it tonight and quilt it tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I used my trusty 6.5 inch ruler to make most of the blocks. 


8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never made a t-shirt quilt good luck with it

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's looking good, Deb! I like how you used squares of the fabric and t-shirt logos, too. Sorry about the unpicking, though - that is never fun!

Moneik said...

It looks great. After doing something similar, I know how much work it is to figure out the pattern and layout and make it look right.

Julierose said...

Looking really neat, Deb!! When I do crazy quilts I have to use some kind of backing/interfacing too...those slippery/stretchy fabrics just move all around if I don't. Anyway, you've got a handle on it now and it's looking good...
hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your hexagon piece is really growing and is turning out so pretty, Deb.
I know nothing about interfacing and it kind of scares me, LOL. But it sounds like a very useful thing esp. for these stretchy kind of fabrics. Hope the Sky dome outing went well. I forget what it is called, sorry. But it sounds like a lot of fun.

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is going to be neat! I've never used jeans in a t-shirt quilt. The owner will love this. ~Jeanne

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

It looks fantastic, can't wait to see it finished!
JIllxo

The Joyful Quilter said...

How on Earth did I miss this post?! It looks great, Deb!!