Monday, April 1, 2024

April Fools?

It was no joke, Joy posted some potato chip blocks and darn it, I might have gone into the sewing room and pulled from the scrap bins and cut some 2.5x4.5 strips. No sewing on them yet, as I did go with the boy to Guitar tonight (he drove) since we needed a Sam's club run. The Ensure drinks were on sale - so I picked up 4 boxes of them instead of 2 for my FIL. He is drinking one in the morning and one in the evening. Meals on Wheels - or the church equivalent in his area provides a daily well balanced meal for him during the week.


I added the last red peel and have the first green one ready to go. When I snapped this photo- it reminded me of a star fish, just missing one peel for that.



Tomorrow the band is playing at the girls softball game so Emily is staying at school until after the game for a 8PMish pick up. I think I might head over and watch the game. It will bring back memories of the 5 years I was dragged to my sisters home and away softball games while they were in high school. My sisters are 11 months apart and both played all 4 years. 





6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

softball is not my thing I am glad I never had anyone in my charge interested it would have been misery sitting through that to me. One of the most boring games invented lol (in my opinion) give me basketball any day.

Julierose said...

Pretty "star fish" block ;)))
We love baseball/softball here--I can't wait for the first home Red Sox game...I cherish the relative slowness of the game so that I can hand quilt, or paper craft while watching...and it means "SPRING" here, too...;)))
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I might have made some of those potato chip blocks, too, lol! Have fun at the softball game. It's the band that gives me the memories - both of our kids were in that and I still enjoy hearing them.

a good yarn said...

Potato chip blocks - what a great name!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I pulled some larger pieces for a potato chip quilt. Joy's update on her post linked to people using 6.5 by 12.5" strips. I may have to make some blocks too. ~Jeanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your header quilt is just gorgeous! I'm going to look into that potato chip quilt as I can't believe how many scraps I suddenly notice I have. How nice that your son is now driving you...last post. It is a big deal isn't it and so hard to believe that day has come.