Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday....

Saturday was a busy running around day. Emily got taken to horses for her lesson late morning. (about 25 minutes away)


After lunch when we got home, hubby and I headed 30-40 minutes in the other direction to visit my FIL in the hospital. The good news is his bloodwork numbers are slowly looking better. He is 88 and has a UTI, kidneys are not functioning well, a new kidney stone and slight diverticulitis. Thankfully we caught it early this time. They are taking great care of him, but it is very stressful for Greg. 
A quick breakfast for dinner and then I was a wee bit tired and didn't do much of anything after the kitchen was cleaned up. I might have done some side streets to check out housing areas on the way home as well. Our house will be taken for a road expansion sometime in the near future (it has been years of waiting but they are starting to buy up the properties the last few months) so we are scoping out potential areas that are closer to the kids school and well away from busy roads and noise.

I did do a little surgery stitching on the dog's stuffed animals. This is the 3rd one I fixed and one of his favorites. A $5 find at the pet store before Christmas! There was also a tear about half the size on his back that got fixed as well. 

The after photo.

From Emily's phone after I handed it to him, and he went to relax with it on Emily's bed.


Some hand quilting has been happening in the evenings. I have been working on the cats and like how these free hand arcs look.


Today I get to do a 'Painting with a Twist' with other adult girl scout volunteers this afternoon. It should be a fun time.

8 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I wish your dear FIL a speedy recovery. So glad it was caught early. Great photo of Emily. I adore your cat quilt. Enjoy your day. Hugs

CathieJ said...

That was a busy Saturday. What a cute dog toy. Glad to hear that your FIL is improving. Those UTIs are so common in the elderly. My mother had them often. Your cat quilting is very pretty.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope they offer you a good amount of money for your house and property places cost so much now but will be nicer to be closer to the kids school although they will be out of school before you know it.
Hope the FIL is feeling better today

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry about the anonymous post but I can’t seem to log in! This is Jill from emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk
You sure had a busy day! Sorry to hear about the forthcoming house move, how do you feel about that ? I love your cat quilt, those blocks are great!

Jenny said...

It must be so stressful to know that your home will be taken for roading, I do hope you can find something to your liking. But guess you can't do too much until an offer has been made and accepted. Your cat quilt is looking good.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Hoping your FIL improves quickly. Moving has to be hard on all of you. Hoping you find a place you all are happy with. ~Jeanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope the painting was fun! I'm glad your FIL is doing a little better. I can definitely understand the stress of it for Greg - the needs of our aging parents can feel overwhelming at times. Needing to find a new home sounds a little stressful, too. I hope you get some stitching therapy this week!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes, the ups and downs of life. So often we end up dealing with the young and the old all at the same time, all with their unique needs. It is stressful! You two are so kind and certainly have your hands full at the moment. Selling a house can get stressful too but looking for a new one that better suits present needs can be enjoyable. Take care!