Saturday, April 13, 2024

Slowing down on Sunday

 It has been an interesting week. 

Last Sunday the girl turned 15 and took her proctored driving test online with her Dad in the room. She took an online course and passed that. Then they take an online test here in Florida. He took her to the DMV first thing on Monday morning and she is now a permitted driver for the next year. She has yet to drive, but maybe that will change later today for a little driving around our neighborhood. They have to wait a full year before they can test to get their license.

Monday, I started a restrictive diet before my colonoscopy on Thursday. I still was not feeling well with the sinus infection I had, so the limiting did not bother me. Coming up with meals for the family... well they were on their own for a couple of days! I think it was spaghetti and meatballs this night.

Tuesday was the normal walk the dog in the morning, then work then pick up the kids then attempt dinner. Greg made Mexican skillet rice, but Aidan turned up his nose and it had things I could not have (corn) so I popped some Berber chickens in the oven for me and Aidan with some bagged mashed potato. 

Wednesday - I got a liquid diet and then the 'prep' so they were on their own. It was leftovers or make their own stuff. I got to watch the Netflix series Queen Charlotte that afternoon/night and the cats were oh so happy to have Mom all to themselves!

Thursday - up early for more prep and then watch the storms roll in right before we had to leave for the doctors. Greg had to wait for 2 hours while they checked me in and got me done and then up and dressed and out the door, just in time to go pick up the kids from school. I did make dinner Thursday night... after some quick scrambled eggs when I got home.... I had not eaten food since Tuesday night! My co-worker technically left on vacation Thursday, but she knew of my procedure so let our boss know to call her if there were issues. 

Friday - back to normal (kinda) with a dog walk, work and kid pick up. I was feeling much better and managed to check a few things off my list today as well. We were to go out to eat for Emily's birthday dinner (birthday person gets to pick the restaurant out for their special day in our family). I had made a reservation at her requested restaurant, but she had a headache and I told her we could delay it until she felt better. We will try next Thursday or Friday. Greg ordered Domino's Pizza for dinner. 

Saturday - I got to walk the dog (I'm wondering why the 2 that wanted the dog are not getting up and walking him?) and then I took Emily to horses. Grandma came over to get a kid fix and a lunch out with us at a restaurant she enjoys. Some remembering of Papa Andy happened, and she gave an update on all the paperwork she has been dealing with. We have been checking in on her all week.

I dropped the boy off for a hair cut while I got some Groceries. The boy is prepping for his upcoming Skills USA competition, and finishing off a few things on his project. It was a leftover dinner night and I got a few hand quilting stitches in on this cat block while watching NCIS and episode 1 of The Gentleman. I like how this one came out. I might do all the cats this way... we will see. Free hand arcs are fun!


It is nearly mid month and this is all I have done with the yellows for the RSC! I did find the bucket of scraps. Maybe some progress will happen Sunday? I know we need to drop the boy to school late morning and then since we are halfway to my FIL's, and Greg has not gone over this week, we will go deliver some things and check on him. I should be able to find some scraps to cut the 8 yellow peels from for the string of beads blocks. I'll visit the yellow shelf to pick the Arkansas Traveller fabrics. 


The girl is excited to be the only child in the house for a few days while her brother is away at his competition. She get's to sleep in a bit for 3 days, since she can get to school for start time at 9AM. Normally, they get there for just before 8AM as Aidan has a class before school to fit in his elective of Robotics. Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.
 


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we had a dog once many years ago - I was the one that had to take care of it the kids were the ones that wanted it. After it died we never got another one as I really didn't want to be the only one responsible for it - funny now both daughters always have a dog and love them and ask why didn't we have one when they were kids

CathieJ said...

You can't get a driver's permit until you are 16 here in NY. Hope all was well with the colonoscopy. Your busy week made me tired. I don't miss all the running with teens. I like the hand quilting on the cat. Enjoy your yellow stitching.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That was quite a week! Hope you're finally feeling back to normal. It's getting to the busiest part of the school year, isn't it? Have a great Sunday, Deb!

grammajudyb said...

Love your cute little aqua/turquoise kitty. Glad your “procedure “ is out of the way! Mine is in the future, consultation with the doc on Wednesday. Hope you get some yellow sewing in this week!

Jenny said...

Ah, the dreaded colonoscopy, I found drinking that awful liquid so much worse than the actual procedure. Do hope you got a good result.