Monday, August 26, 2024

Hexagons...

 I changed the sheets and put a new quilt onto the bed yesterday. It appears this hexagon one is just a wee bit small for the bed! Since this is a quilt as you go finished hexagon quilt, I think I will be adding some more hexagons to it. I did these are sets of 4 colors together so I'll continue with that pattern. Anyone else find a 'finished' quilt needs to be just a little bit bigger? 


I pulled out the templates and I know I have 'extra' batting pieces hanging around. This is a great way to use those up. I use the 3 inch template for the background and the 2 inch template for the 'top' and the batting. The bigger piece folds over the front and then I did some simple outline quilting on it. 


Aldi had boston pork butt on sale this week, so I grabbed a package and popped it into the crock pot overnight to make some carnita's. Today, I opened the can of pinto beans and did 2 cups of them in the insta pot over lunchtime. So, dinner tonight will be carnita meat, beans and I'll make some cilantro lime rice as well. I might try a cilantro lime apple slaw for a little greenery to go with it. 

Emily has marching band after school and then a parent meeting after. I think Aidan has Academic club after school today. He went to the first meeting on Friday and had a great time. He knows a lot about a variety of things and was able to answer a lot of the questions. I think he found his niche on that one.


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Well, that pretty hexagon quilt at least can be added to...I had made a small table topper with those--i thought it was a fun project.
You always come up with such interesting meals, Deb. I feel like we are always eating the same old, same old lately.
Hugs, Julierose

Arish said...

Es preciosa, merece la pena añadir unos poquitos más. BESICOS.

Chantal said...

I love your hexi quilt. Great idea for using up batting. I have a lot of pieces that I can't franken together as they aren't the same kind but in the hexies, it wouldn't show as much, right? Oh I love this. Where's my hexy ruler? Lol. Thanks for the inspiration. I would love to have meal prepped like that. Around our table is more like I-don't-know or the "Whatever" is very popular too. Lol.
;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great you can make the quilt larger I believe I added another border to a quilt year ago for the same problem

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's the great thing about a quilt like thst one - you can just keep making and sewing on more of those hexies! It already looks great on the bed, but will be even better when it's longer and wider.