Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Tuesday.

 I keep avoiding doing that embroidery for the label. Sigh. Monday I made bread (6 grain bread cereal bread) using this recipe. It tastes good but was a very wet dough. It made yummy toast this morning.


Then I made some magic cookie bars. Less than 24 hours later and this is all that is left!



I mixed up the meals a bit this week from what I was planning and swapped things around. Aidan and I had the brussel sprout and squash meal tonight - here are all the parts right before I put them together into the pan. I made noodles out of the squash and roasted them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees with a little salt, pepper and vegetable oil. The sliced brussel sprouts are cooked in the bacon grease (that's what makes it yummy!). A little sage and a splash of chicken broth and yummy. 

I finally bit the bullet and wrote out the label and popped it into a hoop and was embroidering it before I started dinner. I'll finish it up tonight and then attach it to the quilt. I might iron on some interfacing to the back so the floss doesn't unravel before I stitch it to the quilt. Emily just did an hour of driving in our neighborhood with me. Might I need a glass of wine as I stitch the rest of this? Maybe. No, she did good but needs to get out on the road in traffic the next time she drives. I'd like to get this attached tonight so I can hit the UPS store tomorrow and return 2 things to Amazon and get this shipped to it's new owner. 


The beauty berries are starting to bloom. I love the bright purple color.


The chickens in their coop. There are 5 in there. 3 are doing a molting so only the 2 young ones are giving eggs right now. Eggnog with the green eggs and Buttercup (the red one) gives brown eggs. The 2 black and white ones (Maple and DC) will give light brown eggs and Poppy, the other Americana gives green eggs. The black and white ones are without tail feathers right now. We will see if it is a total molt of all feathers (which looks terrible!) or just the tail feathers and a few underneath. The last one was a total molt in the fall, so we will see. I'd better get back to stitching....


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

considering you have family of for - the magic cookies bars did disappear - I make half that size pan for two people and if I didn't freeze half of them immediately that is what my pan would like to - for two people :( I guess we love snacks - good thing I no longer make things like that often.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I want to come eat at your house. Yum! Yum! I used to make Magic Bars ; they would not last long. Have a lovely day, Deb. Hugs.

Julierose said...

Driving with learning teens is not for the faint of heart for sure;)))
Glad she did well. I know my heart was always in my throat when we were going through that stage...
Your squash noodles sound great...I'll have to try out some sheet pan recipes from a used book i just received; but, I always am leery of putting raw meat along with the veggies in the same
pan..??? Much cooler here today--only 52 degrees this morning...
Off to do the weekly shopping early today...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of yummy cooking going on at your house! I have to bake a birthday cake for my mom today. Glad you got that label done, and some driving with Emily, too. That's always "fun!" Do the chickens just molt once a year? Hope it doesn't take long before you're back to getting eggs.