Saturday, June 2, 2012

Purple Saturday.

I'm so glad it is purple this month of June. I do love the color purple, not as much as blue but it is a close second.

I was able to do a little sewing while some naps happened this week. It took me one hour and 40 minutes from start to finish to put these three pinwheel blocks together. Picking fabrics, cutting and piecing.  Someone once asked how long it took to make one of the baby quilts I gave away. Honestly, I had no idea. I am kicking around the idea of making a quilt for a wedding present for the same person and think I might track the time spent making it just so I'll know when he asks! But I really need to get working on it as the wedding is in two months! Yikes. I am thinking a very scrappy log cabin quilt but we'll see what happens.

Back to Rainbow Saturday - I made these three pinwheels...





 and some of the leader enders for this week. Yellow, pink, purple and green are the one's I have cut so far. Still no clue what these will become. I am thinking maybe I'll add a colored triangle to each side of a four patch......... still thinking on it though.


Go on over to SoScrappy and see what others have been working on this purple Saturday.

10 comments:

soscrappy said...

Beautiful pinwheels. Sometimes it is best NOT to know how long a quilt takes to make. When you star adding up the hours it gets scary in a hurry.

Angie said...

I have a friend who keeps a log tracking how much time she spends on each quilt. I'm not that organized!

Purples look wonderful - love being able to see the progress from month to month!

Sheila said...

Love your purple pinwheels. Leader enders, too. I'm enjoying the Rainbow Challenge. Creating projects with the 'color of the month' and SEEING what others create. And looking forward to December when all our colorful blocks come together.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job on your blocks!!

Ellen said...

Love the pinwheels in purple - so pretty. Your leaders/enders are fabulous - I really like them with the background fabric you have chosen. They look very striking.

Kristie said...

Love those purples! You really get alot done with two small kids, I don't know how you do it.
Kristie

Kate said...

Beautiful pinwheels, purple is such a rich, fun color to work with.

Your leaders and enders look fun too.

make.share.give said...

Love your purples. I used that black/multi polka dot on a project 2 years ago, and the scraps alot since then. It's one of my favorites.

Cathy Tomm said...

I do love your purple blocks. You must be getting good at making them as you were fast.

Quilter Kathy said...

Pretty Purple Pinwheels!