Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday... Happy Mothers Day!

I seem to have missed Saturday. I spent 5.5 hours in a first aid and CPR class but am now certified for another 2 years. I needed this for scouts..... and another Mom took it with me so 3 of us are certified now.

I was greeted in bed this morning with breakfast (2 slices of cinnamon toast with fresh raspberry faces on them and coffee). Then the presents. They are always so proud of themselves and they did good again this year. It included a yard of a cat face fabric and 24 little spools of threads for hand work. My kids know me so well!

I finished the binding on the churn dash quilt yesterday. It just needs a wash and dry and a label and then it can be shipped off for the Hands2Help charity this week. It finished off at 50x60 with a soft blue checked flannel backing. I have another stack of these churn dashes... so there might be another one made this year.

I'll be doing lots of prep today for girl scout bridging tomorrow, printing certificates and organizing all the badges and pins for the ceremony. I have 2 girls bridging up to brownies (grade2+3) and 4 girls bridging up to Juniors (grade 4+5). Next year will be a daisy/brownie/junior troop (grades 1-4)!  The girls chose a pizza/ice cream sunday making party after with a few pot luck sides to supplement. One of the Dad's is in charge of blowing up a watermelon for us - his wife is a sheriff so all safety precautions will be taken!  Did I mention my girls like to blow things up and get messy? If they have time then they get to visit the playground at the church. This will be our last meeting of this school year.  Hard to believe they are out of school next week on the 24th! They do have a roller skating party planned in June and we'll probably do a scrapbooking party sometime in July before starting up again mid August. I've got 3 years of photos to start them with some memory albums of scouts.

I had a green heart for Saturday and just prepped a red heart for today with my A Heart a Day in the Month of May Challenge. I need to make a few more 9 patches today while I am adding the final border to the graduation quilt.





Maybe some stitches will be added to the maroon Dresden plate. It got moved to the side to get the binding done this week. Not too bad for a busy week in May with 2 kids and a school year winding down - braces coming off and eye appointments for kids indicating no glasses are needed anymore for either of them! Aidan had a couple of friends over on Friday after school to hang out. Just the standard this week for me - scouts Monday, guitar Tuesday, gymnastics Wednesday, Thursday is dentist cleaning for the kids after school and Friday is horse lesson for Emily. I'll need my slow stitching to keep me slightly sane!

Linking up with Kathy and the other slow Stitchers.

Wishing my Mom Arlene a very Happy Mothers Day. I don't know what I would do without you! Can't wait to see you next month up in Vermont.
Mom and me summer 2016. Lake Elmore Vermont.



5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet you will have fun in Vermont with your family next month - and enjoy the cooler weather!

Deb A said...

Cooler weather will be wonderful! In the 90's now.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

And a Happy Mother's Day to you also! Of course I love the Dresdens and thank you for doing the heart a day in May! I am enjoying the challenge!

Needled Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day. It doesn't sound as though they know you well. Your Churn Dash looks beautiful and will go to such a great cause.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great gifts and breakfast from your kids! Happy Mother’s Day!