Saturday, August 1, 2020

August OMG.....

Such a difficult decision this month. I 'should' actually plan to machine quilt and bind at least one of my tops this month as the pile is getting bigger. Which quilt will it be? The RSC 2018 sampler or the VQF booth hop?

This quilt is a booth hop from The Vermont Quilt Festival... I want to say 2009 or 2010. I can't remember if I got a day away from one baby or two! 

This quilt is a sampler from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018 I believe called Squared Away. 

Coin flip......... and the winner was.........

I think my August goal will be to get the Squared Away quilt - machine quilted and bound this month!

I 'should' plan to work a little each day adding hand quilting stitches to the cat and mouse quilt on the frame.  I think I will have a goal of 30 minutes of hand quilting on this one each night for the month of August and see how much progress I can make. I have only done some butterfly's on the bottom blue border so far. 

Well, I guess that is technically two goals, but since there are 31 days in August I think I will be good!
If I get the Squared Away finished I will be a happy camper.

Linking up with the August OMG.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

All great choices--I do love the kitties and mouseies though;)))
Stay cool hugs from afar Julierose

Rebecca Grace said...

The Cat and Mouse quilt is my favorite, too! But they’re all lovely. Have fun with your quilting!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all great quilts - I really like the middle one but you will get to it eventually

Quilter Kathy said...

All such great quilts! Have fun with whatever ones you spend time stitching!

a good yarn said...

That's they way to get it done - a wee bit each day. Lovely quilts all.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and good luck with your project.

PaintedThread said...

Cat and mouse is really cute! The other quilt tops are beautiful.