Thursday, August 27, 2020

Thursday....

 I do need to log into work and make up some time today... about 3 hours which I had planned to do from 9-12. 10:30 now and I still have not logged on! Sigh. I think I'll do an early lunch and work 12-3 while the kids are online at school.

I did get a walk in, cleaned the pool filter and checked in on the chickens this morning so all is not lost. Emily also wanted a Dutch Baby pancake this morning so I popped that in the oven right before I headed out for my walk. She was a happy camper with her breakfast. 

I quickly cut out these parts before the Tampa/Boston hockey game last night. I need to cut out the rest of the white parts so I can make progress on this block tonight. I might cut more colors too and switch things up a bit... this one is a bit darker than the others.... although it will be fine in the scrappy quilt I'm sure!

These are the 6 completed ones so far. I might have the patience to try and fix the 3 with puckers this week. We will see. I am having fun making these so who know's how big it will become. Each block is 12 inches finished. 


Guess I should prep a bit in the sewing area before I log onto work. I have plenty of purple projects that need stitching before Saturday!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those blocks - they will make a great overall design

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet the one you're working on now will brighten up when you add the white parts. Pretty blocks - love seeing the design develop! Dutch Baby pancakes sound intriguing! I might have to google that! :)

SusanfromKentucky said...

What a fun quilt that is going to be! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks -- I like the colors against the white a lot..
what is a Dutch Baby Pancake??
hugs Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm excited to get a glimpse of how these block are going to look when sewn into a top. The resulting quilt is going to be SEW gorgeous, Deb!

Quilter Kathy said...

These are so pretty and so dynamic... no wonder you're enjoying making them!

a good yarn said...

Looking good so far and really effective when you start seeing them together.