Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday....

 I attempted to start stitching the binding last night.....


But Mom... this is so comfy! Silly Peanut. I think Aidan came in at that point and picked him up so I was able to quickly grab the quilt and spread out a part to work on before he made a bed again. I got one side done while watching the end of Sister Act and the beginning of Sister Act 2. This quilt is my August OMG - so I have a little over a week to get the binding stitched down and the quilt notes written on the triangle I actually remembered to tuck in a corner when I machine stitched the binding. 


I remembered to bring my camera outside with me yesterday one of the times I checked on the chickens with Emily. I grab a handful of their feed and let them eat out of my hand.... which is fine until 'Fred' decides the soft part of my hand is food! And keeps pecking the same spot! Silly Fred. That is the one Greg named on a whim and when he tried to change it Emily decided she liked Fred! That is the middle one with the most white.  The one reaching under her to eat is Lilly (Aidan's chicken who does not like that Emily named his Lilly instead of Aidan's chicken or Chickolata!). The one on the right is Emily's Emma. Mine is named Molly and she is the darkest red one we have and the biggest. Aidan's is the smallest. 



I think this one is Emily's Emma..... although they all like to get onto our shoulder. For me... if I have Molly and she goes to my shoulder, Fred will try and fly and land on my head. It does feel like I am in Hitchcocks film 'The Birds' occasionally. 


And just when we thought August 2020 was the 'going back to school fun' Mother Nature decided to pull this. Is anyone else looking forward to 2021? I might actually stay up until midnight for once on new years..... just to make sure the calendar year changes!  Let's hope some wind shear knocks them down and they don't join up in the gulf. Kids are instructed to do their online virtual orientation today and the video on how Microsoft Teams works. That is the one platform they will use this year.  We will see on Sunday what their schedules look like. 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Hope you are feeling much better today..
And really, TWO storms???? unbelievable;000--
2021 cannot come soon enough...
those chickens are so comical...

Stay safe hope your weekend is a good one...hugs, julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love the look that Peanut is giving you--like--don't you dare move me or that quilt?????
And boy are the chicks getting big--are they all hens--not sure with one named Fred????
And I cant--can believe these storms coming together--remember it is 2020!!!! The one could curve and come right up the whole lenght of Florida--we will have to keep on it for sure!!! I need to be sure all my stuff is charged up by Sunday night!!
have fun--luv, di and stay safe

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute chicks! love them. I know what you mean this year has been unreal and sometimes almost feels like a dream - what will next year bring and when will this vaccine be delivered - how long will we need to wait and will it be 100% effective -hope so

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your gray binding against the blue triangles! Pretty combination! The chickens do look like they are really growing. When do they start laying eggs?