Monday, September 6, 2021

Monday.... or is it?

 I do like 3 day weekends.... even if they were a 4 day weekend for me with a call in sick Friday. 



Today was baking day - I made bagels this morning.  I really did make 8 - Greg and I both had one for lunch.  The first time I used regular flour and this time I used bread flour. I'll be making sure I have bread flour in the house from not on. So much better! I prepped these orange hexagons in the waiting times. All set for stitching in the car line this week. I had some extra cream backing that fit the smaller hexagon..... and figured maybe I'll quilt or embroider a pumpkin or something in there? We will see when I pull those to be worked on.


Next was a trip to Sams and Publix to pick up lunch meats and the things on my list that were not seen last week when Greg went to Sams- butter, chicken stock, Potstickers, salsa and I have been craving a roaster chicken so I got one for dinner tomorrow night. Tonight will be meatloaf. I still need to make a zucchini cake  and pin a quilt for machine quilting. Plenty of time. Not sure the garden will get tilled tonight when it cools down a bit, but there is always tomorrow. Thankfully I am feeling loads better today.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

homemade bagels sound great - it has been ages since I made them - like years and years

Canuck Quilter said...

Your hexies are just too cute! I love your scrap variety. I'm sorry you've been feeling under the weather.

a good yarn said...

Plain flour doesn’t have enough gluten for bagels. They look delicious. We can’t get proper bagels around here - only bagel-shaped bread. Any chance you might share your zucchini cake recipe please?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Deb! The bagels look tasty. Sounds like something I need to add to the grocery list!