Friday, September 24, 2021

Orange...

I realized it was the last weekend of September! Yikes... I had not made a table topper yet! What to do...... I grabbed some 2.5 inch strips of orange and stitched them together. I dug into the black pile as I knew I had something halloweeny.... yes, I'm declaring that a word.... and could not find the pumpkins but did find the candy corns and the green bats. I went with the candy corn for the backing and the binding on this one. Some quilting along the lines.



After a couple of shows while Peanut was laying on this on my lap (try to stitch binding while that was going on!)... I evicted him and managed to get it stitched down. He is now laying on my arm and chest as I write this post...spoiled cat!


 The completed table topper - a placemat. It is about 16x14.

I also added a couple of these blocks in orange. I see I am missing greens and red.... and I only made one dark blue and one teal. Each block is 16 inches so this should be a nice size with another 4 blocks added.


I hope to add the garden path blocks tomorrow and an orange butterfly as well. I am on tap to bring the girl to horses then hubby gets to help her give the chickens a bath. We are down to 8.... one died of natural causes the week before last - RIP Emma the chicken.

Linking up with Joy over at the Table Scrap Challenge and Angela with the RSC.



9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about Emma! Did your girl handle it okay? Losing an animal is always so hard. Your tabletopper is so cute! I love the candy corn fabric. The other blocks are looking great, too. Such a good idea to make larger blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy, are the kids going to be fighting over this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry, Deb? SEW cute!!! I'm pretty sure that I would want to use that festive placemat all season long.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to whip up a table runner so quickly - sorry about the chicken!

scraphappy said...

So sorry that Emma the chicken has passed away. Such is the cycle of life. The Halloween topper looks great. Always fun to put some great novelty fabrics to good use.

Ivani said...

You managed to make a pretty and festive placemat (table topper), Deb.

Jenny said...

Goodbye to Emma the chicken, I'm sure there were tears shed at her passing. That's such a lovely looking orange table mat, very festive looking!

Paulette said...

That's such a happy scrappy placemat! Love that candy corn fabric. The garden path blocks are very pretty too.

a good yarn said...

Just the right colours and print for Halloween. Peanut is the quality control officer. Those 16 inch blocks look great.

Susie H said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Emma but glad to hear there is still a brood at your house! Your table topper looks great in spite of all the assistance you got from Peanut! Ha!