Sunday, September 5, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching.

Today will be prepping more hexagons in Orange to add to the collection of blocks I have been making all year. A photo of a couple of yellow ones being joined yesterday.


I added the yard sticks to show the size so far. These are the ones that have been sewn into 4 patches of colors. I have a basket of singles waiting to be connected still along with the new ones that will be added for each day through the rest of the year.


Linking up with the Slow Sunday stitchers.

I know Sunday's are when we slow down but..... last Sunday the kids and I went to Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum up the road from us. This is the posted speed limit!



 There were two big buildings packed full of various things. The first building had all the drag racing cars with trophies and information on each car and how the engines progressed over the years. When Greg and Aidan went a few years ago, Don was actually walking around and they were able to chat with him.  The other half of that building were various race cars over the years and some old classic cars. 







The second building was mainly classic cars in mint condition with the old gas pumps, bikes, cameras through the years and I did see 2 sewing machines but they were in a blocked off room.






Emily was taking photo's to keep her occupied while the boy and I wandered and read. No wonder I was out of space on my phone - lots of photo's! If it was just Aidan with a parent we would have been there a lot longer but the girl was 'done'! 

Today the boy is off to Grandma's house who is feeling much better after a terrible head cold the last 2 weeks. The girl has managed to get a head cold as well so she is stuffed up and coughing and staying in her room resting this weekend. I'll be in my sewing room doing prep work!












9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun museum! I wonder if my SIL and her hubby who live in Ocala have been there. They might enjoy it! Your hexie project is really growing! I love the process that makes a finished quilt with additional basting and quilting. It's going to be so colorful and fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those hexies are just so colorful - love them. the museum looks great

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love how your hexie quilt is coming along--good job--
old cars and such are fun to see--as they are so different from what we use today!! I do miss the days when I used to be able to tell if a Ford, or Chevy, or Dodge was coming down the road--today they all look alike and are boring designs!!!
have a great week end--hugs, di

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great museum! Love seeing how your hexies are coming along. Grandson and I saw a bunch of classic cars at the swap meet yesterday too! Hope you have a great week!

Kim said...

I did smile at your comment "the girl was done"! The museum looks great, filled with interest. So much to keep one interested. Classic cars are always fabulous to look at. Your hexies are growing. How wonderful they look all together.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have made a lot of progress on your hexi quilt since I last saw it; beautiful job . What a fun museum to visit. It reminds me of one that I visited out west a few years ago. Have a fabulous week and happy quilting.

a good yarn said...

The hexies look really good. It’s a fun quilt.

Edith said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your hexies and their white borders, looks like a lot of work to me! What a neat museum, I used to go to the drag races all the time when I was younger, quite the rush, I even tried the quarter mile with my vehicle once.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE how your project is growing!! I recall seeing signs for that museum on trips up and down I-75, but don't believe we ever stopped there. Thanks for giving us a glimpse inside, Deb!