Thursday, November 11, 2021

Bowl cozy!

 I have been meaning to make a bigger bowl cozy to fit the pasta bowl for a long time.... (over a year, shhh!). I finally decided to make it today. 


So I remember if I need to make another one - this is what I did!

I pulled some brown and cut a couple of 12.5 inch squares. A couple of the same size from the wrap and zap batting then stitched this up. An X was stitched to each section of fabric/wrap and zap. Then I folded in half and marked 1 inch x 2 inch (2 inch in to the middle) on each side and stitched to make that 'corner'. Folded the other way and did the same. Trimmed that off and also trimmed the corners and a little of the batting all around. I put them right sides together and stitched 1/4 inch all around leaving a bit of an opening on one side. A little trim again and then turned it right side out. Fold under the turning spot and stitch 1/4 inch all around the edges. 


After school the kids check on the animals...well Aidan finds the cats and tries to pick them up. LeeLee does not like to be picked up but occasionally tolerates it. After chasing the cats he heads out to see the girls. Now that Lily is not broody anymore she has gone back to being a Parrot on his shoulder! She will stay up there for a while happy as a clam. 

A little cleaning of the house and then back to the sewing room! I do love my day's off.

6 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I sewed one crossed canoe block from my Quilt Bible book and I loved it...also felt good for me to get it worked out ok. I kept thinking about it and would love to make more of them sometime.
Meanwhile, your bowl hugger came together beautifully and what a great photo that is of chicken pretending to be a parrot. Enjoy your day off.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your boy is sure getting tall - love the chicken on his shoulder!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I can't believe how much that 'boy child' has grown in the last 2 years it seems--like he has doubled in height and looks--cute photo--
hugs, di
Oh and I seen you were 'hotter' there the other day than we were here on the coast--funny!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great idea to make different sizes of bowl cozies! I need to make a few more of those myself. Love the chicken on Aidan's shoulder, too! Chickens are friendlier than I realized!

Rebecca said...

Last set of bowl cozies I made for a gift was 3 different sizes for different bowls.
I liked the way they looked nestled in together as I sent them off.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for making notes about what you did to make your bigger bowl cozy, Deb! I've got a couple of serving bowls that I would like to have larger cozies for, but haven't bothered to experiment.