Friday, November 12, 2021

Crossed Canoe

 Sigh... I know I was to wait until I had a good start on that memory quilt.... but those fabrics just wanted to get run through the machine and cut! Who was I to tell them no?



I did 3 fabrics..... I wish I had just done 2 in hindsight but I will remember that for next year's RSC. I need to work on patience when sewing the blocks together as my centers are off and I don't feel like fixing them! I might have been sewing around a cat between me and the machine and holding his tail out of hte way of the needle while stitching these. They will be sewn together with a sashing I think and made into a runner for the table for Thanksgiving. Well, I might try and press the heck out of them or unpick and resew. We will see how I am feeling about it on Sunday. 

Saturday I get to pick up the nut and candy orders and sort them while Greg takes Em to horses. That gives me all afternoon to play with the 3 bins of clothes for the memory quilt. All sorts of materials so it should be interesting. I think I have an idea for a simple pattern so we will see how it goes tomorrow. 

I did get a lunchtime walk in yesterday and snapped this butterfly on the front bushes. They love the milkweed Aidan planted there.


I stopped at the Market of Marion after dropping the kids to school to check out the wing of venders selling produce. I got a bunch of things and will be seeing what the heck a Chayote squash is like! She told me it is meatier than a zucchini so we will see. I got 3 of them for $2. I also got some beets, zucchini, cabbage, kale, cukes, tomato, plums, blueberries, watermelon, and mushrooms.  No tomatillo's like I was looking for so no green salsa this weekend.  I still have jalepeno's  from a couple of weeks ago so regular salsa it will be! 


5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how pretty that you have the flowers blooming at this time of year!! I do miss that in the fall

Angie said...

We're hoping to find some milkweed at the local nursery to plant next year...
Chayote squash is known as mirliton in New Orleans. It's very popular during the holidays, usually stuffed with meat or seafood.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your Crossed Canoes! Since you used the same three fabrics, but in different places in the blocks, I bet they will make a neat design when you put several together. I haven't heard of that kind of squash - it will be interesting to see what you think about it!

Julierose said...

Great you got to try out that Crossed Canoes die--the blocks are really pretty.
Great choice for RSC next year i think.
I have never heard of that kind of squash either! I favor my butternut (some in the fridge waiting to be roasted today!!)squash.
Resting some more this weekend--this sciatica keeps on nagging at me!! :000
hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sometimes the fabric can be SEW insistent, Deb. You just HAVE to listen!!