Friday, November 19, 2021

Full stop and more Hexagons in brown...

I did a little sewing to expand the rows on Full Stop. I think I 'might' grab the purple and red row and combine them into one - that's a lot of blank space in those rows!  I have the pink row at the bottom but moved it up a little.... now that I am thinking of changing the red/purple row... we will see how they look after that change. I hope I get a little time to play with that tonight. The kids will be officially on Thanksgiving break at 3:45 Friday and don't go back to school until the 29th. I hear Christmas decorating will be happening in and outside of the house! 


I have prepped oodles of brown hexagons and a few are into the light brown or beige category. I was surprised with the variety I had on hand. These are the first 8 sewn into their groups of four to add to the pile of over 300 of them. I should get a couple more of these sets completed at horses tomorrow with Emily. The boys are going out on a charter in the gulf to fish in the morning. We will see if they come home with anything!

I was asked how I was connecting them. I am just putting 2 right sides together and stitching them together. It looks a little messy on the back... but how often does anyone really look closely at the back? 




Excuse the cat hair - they need to 'test' the softness of everything in the house. 



 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely punctuation quilt...I really like your color choices...
And you have really a lot of those hexagons done!! I am looking forward to seeing how they come together...
Hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm going to wait until the end of the month to decorate other than putting up my Christmas wall quilt - I like to enjoying seeing that one on the wall for awhile. Hope the kids (and you) have a nice break

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your week off! Looking forward to a bit of a break. I think that everyone needs a little change of pace right now. Fullstop is looking great! combining rows would definitely reduce the negative space. Playing with the layout is all part of the fun.

maggie fellow said...

I like what you are doing with full stop quilt

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing what you're doing with Full Stop! There are lots of choices to be made on this one. It's fun to see your brown hexies, too. I think the back looks great - that's just what I did - a little whip stitch to hold everything together.

Andee Neff said...

Full stop is looking good. Hexies are so much fun. I have a project I have been working on forever in fits and starts!

Kathy S. said...

Full Stop is looking fantastic. I have some catching up to do with mine. I'll cheer yours on for now. Happy sewing.

Cathy said...

Your Full Stop is looking lovely. I love how versatile it seems to be. Fun!!

Ivani said...

Have fun playing with Full Stop blocks, as looking for the final layout.
Your brown hexies are beautiful.
Have a blessed week.

Susie H said...

Your projects look great. Love the brown hexies and I hear they're kitty-approved!