Saturday, November 6, 2021

RSC - Hexagons

The leaning tower of hexagons has a count. These are my sets of 4 all sewn together.  I added 4 more sets to the top of this pile and that put it at 284 hexagons. I have 3 more in greens that will be added to the pile by the end of this weekend (I hope) so I can start in on the browns I plan to work on for November. For me - December will be black and grey! Once I get caught up a bit and have my browns prepped and started I think I'll start stitching these sets of 4 into sets of 8. 


 

After purchasing more muslin (how did I run out?!) I was able to prep the rest of the greens from October on Thursday. These are the ones still waiting to be stitched together. I found another set of twosies that will make the 3rd set of 4 for these green ones. It is a very rainy day again in Florida so we will see if I get the horses run or if Greg will take her this week. Depends on how much homework he has left for his 2 classes this week.


 Blueberry muffins are almost done baking in the oven. No one is awake and up and moving yet but me.  I am enjoying the peace and quiet!

Linking up with the RSC. Head over and see how others are working on finishing up their RSC projects from the year.

10 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love using muslin for backings, etc. I also try to keep it on hand. Meanwhile, lots of beautiful hexagons here and I also love being first up and having the house to myself as it were. How wonderful for the family to wake to the smell of muffins!

Ivani said...

OMG I can feel the muffin smell here.
You have a big pile of hexagons,
Have a great weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We were looking at the radar for Florida on our weather app yesterday and the whole state was covered in storms! Great progress on your hexies, glad you got more muslin so you can continue on. Enjoy those muffins!

Sara said...

Wow! That is a very generous amount of hexagons completed. This project will be awesome. I do have the ruler for these, but have only made a couple of them so far to try out the process.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That a BIG stack of hexies, Deb! Glad you managed to get muslin for the rest of your RSC blocks. Here's hoping you find some stitching time so you can finish up your green blocks and move on with your November color!

Julierose said...

Love using muslin here, too--mostly for foundations for lighter pieces is how I normally use it--but I am thinking that it shows hand quilting so nicely, I may move it on up to fronts with baskets or such.

Love that "Leaning Tower of Hexagons" ;)) you really made a lot of these...
can't wait to see how they come together.

We had a hard frost this morning--30 degrees- But a lovely sunny stretch of days. I am doing a bit of walking --with my handy dandy cane for support--
and am feeling that I am finally getting better. Now the trick is not to over do!!
Hugs Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your stacks of hexies and looking forward to seeing the finish - I bet it will be sparkly!

Jenny said...

That's a whole lot of hexagons! I've never tried these, but they certainly seem very popular. I've made muffins too, mine were Kiwifruit and raisin, a new recipe I tried and very tasty indeed.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! What a lovely pile of hexies! I'm sure this will be a wonderful quilt.

Angie said...

Amazing how many hexies you've stitched already! I'm looking forward to seeing them all together!