Tuesday, November 23, 2021

My birthday present arrived last week....

I got the companion sets to go with my 8 inch cube for the Accuquilt. I almost got a small hst die as well but took it out of the cart. When I snapped the photo of the dies - turns out there is a 1 inch finished hst in this set! I have a feeling I'll run a lot of my smaller scraps through with that die next year. 



I don't think I did any stitching at all yesterday. It was all about shopping after I finished working - Walmart and then Publix after dinner for the things I forgot (or someone did not put on the list). Still I managed to forget the soft Kleenex for my Rudolph nosed girl. Hubby is out this morning for a blood draw so he has been texted a list. I was thinking Monday late afternoon would be 'calmer' than Sunday afternoon.... nope! 
We did have the boy's catch for dinner last night. Greg cooked that up while I  made Rissotto for the girl since she refused to try it. I think it was redfish that they caught. She had a very small portion - which means she really is sick. Normally it is 2 big bowls full! The fish was not fishy at all - very light and was pretty good. There was a little left over and the boys will probably have fish taco's for lunch today.
I'd better get ready to log into work. I have a 2 hour whole company meeting and I plan to hand quilt my snowman quilt during it!

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what great presents!! Now you will look forward to a lot of fun trying out all thos combinations you have. Hugs, Julierose
P.S. and Happy Belated Birthday to you ;D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm so glad you like your accuquilt dies! I ended up getting one more - the Feathered Star on a board - love it - now I have 3 on a board - well I do them all this coming year? not sure

Angie said...

Have fun with your new dies!
Mmmm...redfish is a favorite of ours - lucky you!
Thought of you last week when a YouTuber I follow published a recipe for seafood mirliton dressing...

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy birthday, Deb!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great birthday present! I love those kind that you pick out yourself. Glad the fish was tasty, but sorry your girl is not feeling well. That's not fun on a school break. Hope you're finished with the stores and ready for cooking!

Florida Farm Girl said...

I use a Paul Prudhomme blackening for fish and it is wonderful. Lots of flavor but not much heat. Comes in a tall skinny glass bottle. Sorry the dear girl is ailing. Hope she's all better soon.