Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Out of muslin?

 How can that be? I have been using muslin as the backing of my hexagons all year (occasionally I use a color to mix things up a bit each month). 


I need to make about 7 or 8 more bright greens to finish off Octobers color and start on the browns I will be stitching in November but.... I seem to be out of muslin! Sigh. I guess I need to hit Joanns before or after my meeting tonight to pick some up so I can catch up and prep my hexagons.  I will also pick up some batting so I can pin my OMG for November as well. 

This is the leaning tower of my sets of 4 hexagons that are stitched together so far. Almost time to start making them into sets of 8!


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of those hexies done - what size are they? I usually have a little white fabric of some sort laying around but just looked out of curiosity and I am running low too!

Julierose said...

WOW you have a lot of hexies there...I hate when I run out of a staple like muslin or white on white..I may begin another hexie piece next year for RSC
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so hard to judge when you're starting a yearlong project just how much background fabric you'll need! I hope you find what you've been using to stock up and finish everything up. I love your leaning tower of hexies!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whoops! That's the reason I ended up buying an entire bolt. Of white background, black fabric, and muslin!! Having those supplies on hand makes the process less frustrating for me.