Sunday, October 31, 2021

Next in the hand quilting lineup...

I just finished adding the borders to this Snowman and Silent Night sew along from Jaquelynne Steves - The Art of Home. Next up will be to find a backing, batting and pin it for hand quilting. Do we think I could actually get this finished by the end of November? Maybe it should be my OMG for November then? As it is fairly small - at 35 or 36 inches (I have not measured it!) I think it is possible. 


First up - carving some pumpkins (because in Florida you can't do it in advance as they will rot too quickly!) and then the afternoon will be watching a few of the girls from the girl scout troop roller skate. I still need to schedule their Mom and Daughter Painting to finish off a badge for the girls. 

Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Stitchers (prepping for hand quilting counts right?) and OMG for November when it opens up tomorrow.


8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute, cute, Deb!! That should be fun to stitch. Enjoy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the outer borders on that cute little project! I bet it will be fun to hand quilt. Happy pumpkin carving today!

Karrin Hurd said...

Very cute quilt! Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

here we can do pumpkin carving before you but if you do it much more than a couple weeks they tend to rot. I' betting you can get the wall hanging done by the end of November if not it will be close!

CathieJ said...

That is a cute quilt. I bet you can finish it in November.You should join the girls in roller skating. Hubby and I have always loved it, but there aren't any nice rinks around here anymore.

Jenny said...

Lovely little snowman quilt, I'm sure you will enjoy hand quilting this little beauty!

Denise :) said...

I saved the blocks and embroidery patterns ... seeing yours put together makes me want to get busy with it... so CUTE!!! :)

Preeti said...

Such a sweet and adorable project. I am sure all you need is one uninterrupted weekend to finish it, but that may be a tall order :-)
Pumpkin mess for me? No, thank you :-)