Saturday, October 2, 2021

Finishing off orange

As I was looking through the blocks I am making for the RSC - I saw I had not done the Full Stop one. Angela mentioned a dash at the beginning of the month. I decided to give it a try - 2.5 inch by 4.5 inch for my dashes. I added a top and bottom to that in white. Then I added a 6.5x2.5 on each side and stitched them together. I think they came out pretty good!


I also stitched together the butterfly's and basted them. Next year I'll work on adding them to a background I think. 


I never got to the garden path blocks in orange. Oh well, that's what the catch up months are for.

 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will take me about another week to get caught up on orange and finish my applique block - kind of glad it is just this one last color to get done now - I'm ready for a break on RSC I started too many projects

Marly said...

Good luck catching up, Deb. Catching up seems to be the story of my life!

maggie fellow said...

I am behind on full stop - I keep forgetting it in the line up. butterflies are very pretty

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, good for you on the dashes! I let that one go this month, but now you've given me a way to get it done! Looks quick and simple. How long is your row?

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that Dash row, Deb!! You'll catch up with those other ORANGE blocks in no time. For now, it's time to dig into the Light/Bright GREEN!! Are you ready?

grammajudyb said...

Good for you in just “getting it done” for the dashes! I had completely forgotten about orange dashes! Thanks!

Dot M. said...

Thanks Deb for some help with the dashes in orange…..I need to go make some….Dot M. In Pa.

Jenny said...

Your butterfly block looks intriguing, I'm looking forward to see it and their other colourful sisters stitched on to backgrounds and completed. I did butterfly blocks for last years RSC and sadly they are not assembled yet.

Kathy S. said...

Your butterfly blocks are super cute. Thanks for motivating me to do the dash row of Dot Dot Dash. I need to do a little catching up on that one. :). Happy sewing.