Saturday, October 9, 2021

RSC in bright green

I finally finished up the orange and prepped some green hexagons this week. I managed to get one green stitched up in the car line yesterday. The rest are ready for a quick 5-10 minutes of time here and there.


While the green was out I cut out this block and got it sewn together. I messed up the dark green month one - so that will be my next block in this series. Then I need 2 more - and since I missed the red month with them one will be bright reds and one maroon I think.   I used 4.5 inch squares and 2.5 inch squares for the four patches. It finishes at 16 inches.





 Linking up with the RSC on Saturday

It will be interesting to see what the next week brings. Our county's community spread numbers were 9% last week and 6 % this week. The school board had said 2 weeks under 10% and they would remove the mask mandate (with the parent opt out which is at 22% in our area). I did attend an in person leader meeting for girl scouts this week. Keep in mind my troop does meet in person and per the new church rules we meet at, masks are worn at our meeting and I have the girls spread out. I was one of 2 people at the leader meeting with a mask. There were about 25 people there. We were spread out at a U shaped table but that tends to show how things are in my area of Florida. 


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

We are planning to phase out the mask mandate when the cases get below 50 per 100,000 per week. We are 1t 127 right now, but trending down. Our county is one of the 8 having school board salaries withheld. Thankfully the cases are down as well, I have only had about three students out this week. Such a change from the first few weeks of school when the cases were out of control.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this RSC quilt come together, Deb. It's going to be SEW pretty!!

Julierose said...

That banana orange hexie is SO darn cute!! You have some really nice light lime fabrics..This quilt will be so pretty all together...are the backs all the same fabric on your? I used the same fabric on my backs for the table topper and next one I think I will varying them...thinking of a halloween-ey one...I am very low (just one really!) on Halloween pieces to decorate with....
hugs for a great weekend...Julierose (this whole folderol about not wearing masks is CRAZEE!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those blocks! They're going to make such a great design! Covid numbers going the wrong direction in Colorado right now - so discouraging. I guess the best we can do is keep ourselves and family members as safe as possible!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty blocks!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I have been a bit 'braver' this week and did 2 outings--on Tuesday to the thrift store over town and on Thursday on the bus for the first time to a shopping plaza near here--of course Thursday --weather wise was not the best time to have done that the first time--it was really humid out--but I survived and now know my way around a bit--and yes I did wear a mask for both places and on the bus--I will be wearing it for a long time, yet!!!
All the projects are looking good--my backing came in this week for my Christmas panel --now to find time and some mo-jo to get it layered????
Have a great week end-hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

covid numbers are going back down here in Arkansas - and less that 200 in our county now for two weeks - still too high, I wear a mask in the stores but from what I see only about a quarter of the people in the stores and employees wear them and then half of them are under their noses!
Love your hexies.

Jenny said...

Your four patch variation blocks look great! We have to wear masks when going into shops, malls, and on public transport here in New Zealand, otherwise there is no entry.

Susie H said...

Those blocks look fabulous alone and even prettier lined up together. Looking forward to seeing this one finished!