Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday stitching

 Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors up in Canada. Kathy reminds us each week to slow down, breathe in and stitch to relax. After a little picking up, cleaning and errand running I am ready to settle in with a movie and some relaxing stitching. I might have also promised the cat he could snuggle on my lap if he would let me sew for a bit earlier!

I forgot I had one orange hexagon left to 'quilt' and this time I will embroider a pumpkin. I completely forgot to prep more hexagons in bright and light green so maybe I'll do that later tonight.

Done!




I was working on drawing, cutting and sewing these butterfly wings together by machine earlier. I need to mark 1/4 inch around those circles and cut it out still. That will go on the inside of the butterfly, then I'll basted it 1/4 inch in all around for future applique onto a background.



Done!
Then the seam ripper will be in use to remove the bottom border off Aidan's Twilight Hopscotch quilt. One errand was to look for more of the blue dot print for the backing but alas, they did not have any at that store. I'll try another one tomorrow or come up with another solution. 
The top section with 2 rows of blocks is the 'new' section.





5 comments:

Kim said...

Those greens for the butterfly look pretty all mixed together. What a lovely quilt Aidan's Twilight Hopscotch quilt is. That blue is really striking. I wish you luck in finding more of the fabric you need.

Julierose said...

Really cute idea to embroider a pumpkin on the hexie!! And I guess I've said how much I love those butterflies...they are really great...nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your pumpkin hexie! The butterfly wings in bright green are really pretty, too. Way to go on Aidan's quilt project! Looks like you're getting close to having the main piecing job completed, and almost ready to put the two sections together.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice add on of the pumpkin on the orange hexie! I relaxed for about an hour this morning and then it was busy with family - what a great feeling after not having our daughter and her family near by for many years and now have seen them 3 times in less than a month.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Aidan's quilt is coming along nicely!! Is he chomping at the bit to get it back?