Wednesday, October 6, 2021

mid week check in....

 I really need to stitch these 4 rows together tomorrow for Aidan's quilt. Hopefully I get a few hours in the morning for sewing. I have a meeting in the afternoon that I will log into and some quick moving of files into test first thing in the morning before I drop kids to school. I must remember to grab his quilt and jack the ripper and get to work on removing the binding tonight as well.


That of course will be after the leader meeting tonight - the first one this year (year started in August) I will go to in person! Hope I can find the new spot. Dinner is a mish mash.... as Aidan didn't feel like the brussels sprout and squash meal and Em didn't want the kiev. They are getting rosemary roasted red potato and buffalo wings instead!

Hopefully I can stop at Sams on the way home and pick up a few things. We are out of Kleenex (Aidan informed me it is allergy season!), and I'll pick up the big package of bounty paper towels and tp so we are good for a few months. Flour and Sugar as I popped the last bags into their container last week and we are nearly out of the frozen burger patties and chicken breasts I like to have on hand for meals. 

A few photo's from the back yard this afternoon. This is 7 of the chickens - Poppy was in the coop thinking she wanted to lay an egg but I have not checked to see if she is done yet. When she is done there should be a green one in the nesting box. The Trumpet flower and my rose the kids gave me probably 10 years ago for mothers day. This time it looks cream in bloom - last time it was pink =) It tends to swap back and forth on me.






5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

That's a nice bright quilt in your header--
and that is a different looking flower--funny how it changes colors each year!!
and I love black and white chickens--they are so pretty!
Hope you find all the supplies you need when you go shopping--
enjoy-hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always helpful to have frozen chicken breast and hamburger patties in the freezer - I still do that now that is is just the two of us and had just made a note to straighten out the freezer and add things to the refrigerator freezer so I know what I need - well go to Sam's on Friday probably.
The quilt is looking good!

Julierose said...

Your new Fall header is lovely....I keep chicken breasts in our freezer ahead, too; and plenty of ground beef and hot dogs.....I really am looking forward to when I can return to the grocery and do the shopping...hugs, Julierose

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the blue and yellow quilt. Hugs

The Joyful Quilter said...

Never a dull moment at your house, Deb! You are always on the go, aren't you? Aidan is going to be happy when you finish the expansion project for him!