Friday, January 7, 2022

RSC in red

 Finishing up 2021 projects.

I made the last 2 blocks for the RSC Squares this week. Now I can play with the blocks and start stitching them together. I do need to press them first - the ironing board was full and I was too lazy to clear it off for pressing.


Peanut had to inspect the blocks.



I also cut out the wings for Erin's Butterfly in red. They are stitched into their wings. I need to press, cut the inner circle and hand stitch that to each wing and then I can baste it. I think I was planning to applique them to the background this year and add the body and antennae. 2023 for hand quilting it. I will have 9 blocks - when the red is completed I'll have 8 and just need to add one more color to the mix.

Linking up Saturday with Angela and the RSC.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Looks like a finish is on your horizon. Feels good to cross projects off of the to do list.

Ivani said...

Peanut sure approved, you will make a happy and colorful RSC quilt with them, Deb.

maggie fellow said...

cool quilt top

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love those RSC Squares! They really make a great design. I think your quilt inspector agrees!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blocks all look so well together you will be happy with this one

Mari said...

Very cute blocks. Finish coming soon!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Love your squares, it's going to be a very pretty quilt!

Kathy S. said...

Peanut seems to be the perfect quilt inspector.

Jenny said...

Lovely blocks, these will make a great quilt. Pussy cat inspection, it's part of their household duties, I think! Mine does the same.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those RSC Squares, Deb!! Best of luck with the next step. On the Butterfly Wings, too!

Susie H said...

So glad Inspector Peanut was there to keep you in line. Looks like you've been kept on the straight & narrow since your blocks look great. I'm intrigued with your butterfly quilt.