I got the inner circle cut and hand stitched to the wings for the red butterfly. I think I picked the black for the bodies of these and just need to cut out 9 of them and then I'll start the process of hand applique to the background and adding some embroidery antenna as well.
I had forgotten I planned to use the crossed canoe die this year for the RSC. I pulled this red and some white dot print and quickly stitched up this 9 inch block. I think I will pull another red and make one more - 2 each month for 10 months will make 20 blocks. 36x45 will make a nice baby size quilt I think.
I still need to make some little nine patch blocks using 1.5 inch squares for the eventual Jacks Chain quilt. That will be this week's project I think.
I continue to stitch together the hexagons I was making last year. The second section of 12 is now stitched together. 2 down and 6 to go!
Linking up on Saturday morning with the RSC.