Saturday, January 15, 2022

RSC Week 3

 I'm not sure what happened this week but there was no stitching that I can recall! Here is a rose in my front bushes. Not as full as other years but I do love them as they are just opening up. Scroll down to the bottom for my 2 red sewing photos!



Saturday - Emily had her second jumping lesson. She was outside the arena and out front with 4-5 jumps set up really low. Working on control and form but she did do a bunch of jumping. The horse was being a little testy and she had to reign her in a few times. She also is officially a horse woman now - she fell off the horse after a jump. She slid off her side, popped right back up. I know she was shaken but I let Liz handle it. She checked her then got her back on the horse and had her do 2 more circuits before calling it a day. She looked the best jumping after the fall! No bruising or pain after either! I decided to not talk about it on the ride home and distracted her with other conversation so we could avoid the emotional crying I knew she wanted to avoid. She was a trooper though.  This was a good run through of jumping if you care to see. Not bad for her second lesson!



Sunday - Is a blur. I know kids went to Grandma's for the day and I had the nightly pickup - 45 minutes there, visit for an hour or so and then 45 minutes home. I think I made a veggie minestrone soup from all the fresh produce I picked up Friday morning at the Market of Marion. I might have cut out some red 2.5 inch squares for 16 patches. I got word while at Grandma's that my co-leader from scouts (a teacher) took a home test and was positive. That led to checking to see if I had another background checked adult that could be at my meeting in place of her...

Monday - Em had a dentist appt for a cavity in the morning so Greg got tapped to take Aidan to school. Bad accident on the way to the school - but they were able to get through. Em's appt was quick and no numbing. We had said she could have the day off thinking she would be all numb and you can't eat lunch or play a clarinet in that state. She was not happy when I said she had to go to school! Home to prep her lunch and get ready then a ride to drop her off to school. She missed her first period class but got there right at the change bell.  Her brothers reaction at lunch when he looked up and she was at the next table 'What are you doing here?'. I got a few hours of work in and a walk, then pick up kids, make dinner and head to scouts. Turns out the accident from above was another girl scout leaders younger sister and her hubby. Both banged up bad but ok.

Tuesday - Hubby aged a year. Standard drop to school, work, pick up from school. Hubby decided he did want a restaurant meal but with cases high we opted for take out. I ran to Publix to get his chocolate ganash cake and then to Pig and Cattle for our meals... which they didn't put in until I got there at they have a lot of people messing up the 2 locations. Most things are slow cooked (pulled pork, ribs, briscuit, etc) so it is pretty quick although that place was hopping with in person and take out/drive through business. 

Wednesday - Kids to school, work, walk at lunch, work, pick up kids. I agreed to make a meal for the above accident family on Thursday and it was a bit of a coordination to get that to Lindsay Thursday but we got it figured out. That meant a trip to Walmart to pick up a few things after dinner. Somehow I slept wrong and pulled something in my back - in hindsight I should have just moved the cats!

Thursday - kids to school - my day off work but I was mostly in the kitchen today. I made 3 quiches - 2 ham and cheese for the family with salad and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Parents and 4 kids. The other quiche was a veggie clean out the fridge for my house. Both parents went to pick up my kids from school, a trip to Wendy's for early dinner then we went to visit the Belleview High School - Cambridge program and open house to see the school and the various electives/programs they offer. Lets just say it is not like the high school I remember! Their media center is essentially a real production room - with 3 sets for news/interviews, a sound room for taping and editing and then the computer room for classes. The Ag program had a cow and calf there for petting and photos and we talked with a few kids in those classes. The culinary pretty much sets people up to run a business - catering or various restaurants with the certifications needed. The robotics room was a range of engineering options and things to do and learn from electrical, to programming 3 d printers to various robot arms/cars to do tasks. We did not look into the health sciences (all health related fields), ROTC - air force/engineering and a few other offerings. We did learn that with passing 7 Cambridge AICE exams over the 4 years - they would receive their HS diploma and an AICE certificate and at least 21 college credits that are recognized at colleges over the country/international. I decided I want to go back to high school!

Friday - I had been checking in on my co-leader and by mid week both kids had it (11 yo twins) and Thursday her hubby had it as well. Everyone was offering the 'tell us if you need anything' - myself included over the week. Well, I decided I was going to make a grocery run and deliver that morning so I texted her with my ideas and asked if they had preferences on drinks. I let work know I was out for a couple of hours while I hit Walmart (I would loved to have cooked but there is a nut allergy in their house and I did not want to put him in the hospital!) - got soups, crackers, various drinks, tp, kleenex, a roaster chicken.  I dropped it to their door and rang the bell. Then back to work, pick up kids and hubby wanted pizza so I call in the order in car line and it is ready when I have the kids in car to pick up down the road!  I got a late walk in but the back spasm was worse so a nice hot soak in the tub helped.

A side note - while in line at Walmart I was chatting with the cashier who let me know earlier there was a lady checking out who said she was covid +, the cashier asked right now and she confirmed. Once she was through she made everyone wait as she sanitized the whole area as best as she could. Craziness down here in Florida still. 

Saturday - hubby took Em to horses this morning for her jumping lesson. I was planning to go but  decided to stay home.... and sew! I just stitched these 2 16 patch blocks with supervision from Peanut.


While looking through drawers, I found these friendship stars. I might add 2 more in reds and then continue these each month. 

Linking up with the RSC.


Audio books listened to this week - A Stroke of Malice by Anna Lee Huber (#8 in series) - I love the voice of the person reading this one, I is for Innocent by Sue Grafton (#9 in series), K is for Killer by Sue Grafton (#11 in series). Currently have High Five by Janet Evanovich.


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can see why you were too busy to sew. Sorry about the covid mess down there - we have a ton of it too - some wear masks others don't - I don't know if any covid positive are out and about when they shouldn't be - there probably are - our county is adding hundreds of new cases a day this past week.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my--I need a nap after reading all about your week!!!!!
There is so much drama all around us these days-and then add some of our own--and well---!!!!
I constantly have a disagreement with my next door neighbor about Covid and masks ect--and now the 'newest' thing around here is everyone saying that 'masks don't work' cause they heard a little news bit on it--well--why has the CDC been telling us for the last 2 years they do help????? Me--I have been back to staying in mostly--having groceries delivered--and wear my mask everytime I set foot out of my apartment and I will continue to do so for a long time--
so many people don't care now if they get Covid cause they are vaccinated and they won't die (though they still can) and they do not care if they spread it to others--they only care about their 'freedom' to do what they want when they want--
I have learned what at least 2 of the ingredients in the vaccines are that would make me very ill ( and they are in most injections today) and these would make me ill long term-- so --it's mask up and stay home--
I am getting some sewing done--so that is a good thing-right?????
It sure is chilly here in Florida--but at least we don't have to worry about all the snow and ice up north is going to get--
hugs, di

Ivani said...

Oh my, there are weeks like this one. Glad you could find some time for sewing, Deb.
Take care of yourself and be safe.
Have a great weekend.

Sue said...

We're both making your friendship stars! Yay! Also, love the Lady Darby series. I read them as soon as they come out!

Julierose said...

Ohmygosh--what a week is right--it's a wonder you got any sewing done at all...Sounds like a really scarey covid mess there!! that people are just ignoring safe precautions!! What is WRONG with them?? I hope you and yours can stay safe and healthy...hugs julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Busy week! Look at Emily go over those jumps, too! She looks very confident. Hope your back is better. I love your red 16 patches!

Jenny said...

What a week you've had. I have to ask, are Covid positive people allowed out and about instead of isolating in your area?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! What a week, Deb! Glad that you were able to get some RED sewing done for the RSC.

Maggie said...

So glad the kids are grown up. Forgotten what a normal busy week with kids at school is like. Life happens, some weeks we get more sewing done than others. Every time I slept funny, we discovered it was a very cold night and it was a draft. So the cats will need to come and cuddle up close and personal. Ours has been responding to that memo and is doing just that. Have a calm stress free week.