Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sunday, Sunday

 I have been doing a lot of slow stitching this week. The QAYG Hexagons are close to having 4 sections done.. which when stitched together is half of the quilt (88x34).  I have the last row to attach on the 4th section and then I might just stitch all 4 sections together. This turned out better than I had hoped!


I started the red applique of Erin's Butterfly onto the background. I hope to stitch the black body today and add the antenna. I also prepped the teal butterfly to it's background for February. 


I don't think Emily got to the coop yesterday so I'll do a quick clean out there and check their water and food bins. So far - no more critters in the backyard other than the chickens, thank goodness. 

I know a quick run to the store for lunch items for the kiddo's is on tap, unless I stop in Inverness after picking up the kids from Grandma's house tonight. I have a batch of oatmeal chip cookie dough chilling in the fridge waiting to be baked off. Those might last until Tuesday.

Aidan's team advanced to the next round in Robotics so there will be lots of early and late times at school to work on revising things a bit. I should be able to go to the next one and watch as it is local here in Ocala instead of up in Tallahassee like previous years. Emily will have extra band practices as well as she was boosted up to Advanced band for a couple of concerts they have coming up in the next couple of months. Emily is just doing the Horse Evaluation team this year in FFA and not showing the chickens. She has that in a couple of weeks at the state fair in Tampa.  Of course, girl scout cookies arrive next Saturday as well - so my month of February looks to have lots of juggling and hand work opportunity time. Good thing I have lots of possible projects to select from! (Hexagons, embroidery frosty, cross stitch, knitting, crochet, applique)

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the hexies kind of look like a mosaic - very pretty

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, how I love the way those Hexies are coming together, Deb!! If I liked handwork, I would totally make this quilt based on what I'm seeing here. Best of luck to the Robo team and to Em on the Advanced Band and the State Fair!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexies are coming together so wonderfully! I actually started a new project of those - have just sewn one so far. Who knows how big it will get, though. Your kids have such great sounding activities! It's good that they like to participate in quite a few things - I've always thought that was the key to successfully navigating he middle school years.