Friday, May 19, 2023

RSC and some orange

 I got a little sewing time in on Thursday and finished sewing the dark green split nine patches I had cut out last month, and did a light and dark in orange for this month. Wish I would have turned a few of those 4 patches in the brighter orange block, but oh well. 

These blocks set this way remind me of this quilt I finished in 2017. I called it the cube quilt.


I also found a grey snowflake strip of fabric in the lights bin to use for the kites for next week. It will be an early start tomorrow getting Emily to the high school for 7AM to play for the graduation that morning with the band. I think they are headed to their Grandma's for the day after that to help her put back everything after the new carpet was installed earlier this week. They went over last Sunday to move all the things out of her hutch and other furniture and the bottom areas of the closets for her. 

That means 2 days to twiddle my thumbs! I mean.... sew? Maybe think about painting the living room or the bedroom? I hear we are picking up 4 baby chickens tonight as well, so it should be an interesting weekend to see how the dog handles that!

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday. The kids have one week of school left before I have 2 kids in high school! 


12 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love these pretty blocks and what a pretty quilt you made, Deb.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your orange split 9s look great! That's what I worked on this week, too. I love the cube quilt - thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend!

Julierose said...

I like your orange blocks--they are really pretty!
Wow--time sure does fly doesn't it? Two now in High School...
Have a great two days...hugs, Julierose

Helenchaffin said...

it's amazing how many different blocks can be achieved just by a simple turn,luv the cube blocks

Sara said...

Such a busy time of year with graduations. We had 3 of them last weekend. Hope you get some sewing time this weekend!

Cathy said...

Like you and Diann in the comments, I worked on my Split Nines this week as well. I’ve done them before for RSC, so it was a fun no-brained to include them again. Yours are lovely, as is the quilt you make from them.

Anonymous said...

Great split nine patch blocks to add to your collection. Such a versatile block with lots of possibilities. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Anonymous said...

Your split 9 patches are wonderful!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

awesome collection of split 9 patch blocks!

Susie H said...

Send your daughter and the others to come help us. I want new carpeting in the house too but can't figure a way to move all the junk out of the way. Painting is also on my list. This house needs a makeover!
Your Split-9s are lovely. It's a scrappy quilt and the little oddballs that annoy us after assembly are what makes a scrappy quilt shine. Love it!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I fondly recall those windows of opportunity when my children were out of the house so I could "sneak in" some sewing time. Every minute was precious. I see you are using this time wisely making a block here, two there. Love how the split nine patch creates its own sashing.

Preeti said...

Darling blocks and they will make a lovely quilt, if Cube is any indication!